Concealed Carry

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tiger955

Bearcat
I carry a da/sa cambered and decocted, outside hip holster... I was going out my door several months ago and as I stepped out the door the neighbor's vicious shepherd was charging on full attack. I don't know how I drew the gun fast enough, but if I would have had to rack the slide I would have had to around the dogs jaws. I supposed a two legged attacking would be a similar surprise.

TommyG1960

Bearcat
I carry an sig 365 or Ruger max 9. I am at ease carrying round in the chamber. If things go sideways I want to be ready. Go to the range and practice. Shoot draw and do it from different positions. I also carry a SP101 match champion.

Last edited:

HBWL

Bearcat
One in the chamber:
Ready to go in a high-stress situation where every second counts.
Modern firearms have safeties to prevent accidental discharge.
With proper training and practice, the risk of accidental discharge is minimal.

No round in the chamber:
Some people feel safer carrying this way, especially if they're new to firearms or nervous about carrying.
Prevents the potential for accidental discharge.
It takes slightly longer to ready the firearm for use.

The decision comes down to personal preference and comfort level. It's crucial to train and practice with your firearm so that you're confident and comfortable with whichever method you choose. 🔫

harley08

Blackhawk
Think about this.

You're in a store or restaurant, some nut case starts shooting everyone, you pull your weapon and start to load it (pull the slide back - you get shot)
or pull your loaded weapon (with one in the pipe) fire and put the nut case down!

Fredo

Bearcat
One in the chamber:
Ready to go in a high-stress situation where every second counts.
Modern firearms have safeties to prevent accidental discharge.
With proper training and practice, the risk of accidental discharge is minimal.

No round in the chamber:
Some people feel safer carrying this way, especially if they're new to firearms or nervous about carrying.
Prevents the potential for accidental discharge.
It takes slightly longer to ready the firearm for use.

The decision comes down to personal preference and comfort level. It's crucial to train and practice with your firearm so that you're confident and comfortable with whichever method you choose. 🔫
Thanks