Ruger P Series pistols. How good are/were they?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bubbas358

Bearcat
As far as the P95 goes for changing out grip area/mods for home projects; I am thinking about trying a stippling job on a P95 and see how it works out.

The big thing is practicing first to get the stippling technique down, then going at it.

I also know that correct grip is the best way....I have seen a guy pour more types of lube all over his gun, fire it correctly, and do this again with a different lube, repeat......hand strength is where the best part of this is at. Stippling is a crutch, but may be needed with reduced strength/medical problems....changes may be necessary to keep your tools functional for you.

Star43

Blackhawk
As far as the P95 goes for changing out grip area/mods for home projects; I am thinking about trying a stippling job on a P95 and see how it works out.

The big thing is practicing first to get the stippling technique down, then going at it.

I also know that correct grip is the best way....I have seen a guy pour more types of lube all over his gun, fire it correctly, and do this again with a different lube, repeat......hand strength is where the best part of this is at. Stippling is a crutch, but may be needed with reduced strength/medical problems....changes may be necessary to keep your tools functional for you.
Well it's your gun, and if you want to try to tackle some project like that, God Bless You, BUT, the amount of work involved to try this on a P95, to me doesn't seem the way to go.....If your P95 looks as good, right now as is, as your P89 you showed, that means you take care of your guns. Why mess up, to me anyway, a gun that was made and designed to do what it does now ?? Unless you have an old P95 that was run over a few times by a heavy farm tractor or run over by something on a gravel pit and looks terrible ?? Other than that, it really doesn't seem worth the trouble. Just my opinion.....Good luck. 🙂👍