Stag grips Opinon please

Help Support Ruger Forum:

G2

Hunter
I got the paper back from Ruger today and it doesnt even mention barrel length let alone grips.
Just that it was built in Oct 1959 and shipped to MA.
I guess we will never know not even sure it was worth 500.00 now
I'm lost,,,

I don't even know what gun you're talking about but I will give you $500 for it with those stag grips. I'm Serious.

Edit to add; I will even give you the $10 for the letter.😜

Last edited:

hittman

Staff member
I thought the grip issue not being in the Ruger letter was pretty much settled. No surprise there.
On the barrel length ….. did they give you the model like BHK-34 or BHK-36, etc.?

Rssm for model
From another forum:

The RSSM was a 22 magnum Single Six and only produced from 1959 through 1964. Sounds like you have an example from the end of production. After the 22 magnum cartridge was developed in the late 1950s Ruger switched the barrel bore on the SIngle Six from .222 to .224 and sold the 22 mag model as a stand alone with just the 22 mag cylinder. Early examples have "RUGER SINGLE-SIX WIN. .22 RF MAG. CAL." rollmarked on the frame while later examples have the more familiar "RUGER .22 CAL. SINGLE-SIX" rollmark. The early rollmark guns seem to have more collector interest since they are clearly marked what they are. The later rollmark guns look like any other OM Single-Six from the early 1960s and without the 22LR cylinder seem "incomplete" even though they are as shipped.

You should post some pictures of the gun.

Doc4429

Single-Sixer
My favorite pair of stag grips. I have believed they are factory, but if not, they are still a great pair of grips.

Bill
DSC_0005-001.JPG

What is the date on that letter, mine have way less information..they are around 2013-2014
That letter is from the last year. I think the amount of info on the letter depends on what there is on hand. From what I have been told- all the records from that time were hand written in a log book, and then more recently transferred to a computer database. So the info that shows on the LOA is dependent on firstly what was recorded on the written record, and then secondly on what was transferred to the computer database. (Please correct me if any of this is incorrect). I do know that if you have any special requests you should put those requests in the request for authentication and if possible your questions will be answered. I recently had a Single Six that was "D" serial stamped. The computer records showed no "D" in the serial- but Linda went above and beyond and found the original shipping document that verified that it was indeed a "D" gun.

Here is a copy of the letter I received on that "D" gun-
1715632316228.jpeg

And here is the most recent letter I received on my NM flat top .44SPCL

1715632460277.jpeg

Last edited:

chet15

Hawkeye
I got the paper back from Ruger today and it doesnt even mention barrel length let alone grips.
Just that it was built in Oct 1959 and shipped to MA.
I guess we will never know not even sure it was worth 500.00 now
Ruger wouldn't have any idea what grips were shipped on it.... there wasn't any room in the record keeping to make such notes.
Besides, stag grips were sold as an accessory... never on a gun.
Chet15