6 degrees of separation? not even close.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I know there was another thread in this way about how you meet someone who knows someone.... but I have to tell what happened to me today.

I drove over 2 hours today to look at some potential chimney work for a lady who I helped along with a lot of other sweeps fix the chimneys in her house 19 years ago..... don't know why but her sweep who is a good friend of mine said call Blume, he'd love to do it. I really did not need or have a desire to do what she wants but have always felt some kind of connection to her. Her good friend and late business partner died back on Sept. 1st and I sent her a condolence letter. She contacted me this past Sunday wanting to see if I would be willing to do this small job and I was humbled by it and that 'connection' came back and called me to go down there and look it over. Well after looking over the small project she wants done I'm on her front porch and we are talking and I mention the small town here in S.C. I grew up just outside of on a farm. She then tells me one of her fondest memories is visiting her Great Aunt there in the Summer and going to the neighbor's house and having peaches and ice cream and also going to the family reunion held at the same nice ladies pond. It was my grandmother who served her the ice cream and peaches and it was our family pond and reunion! I'm still trying to wrap my head around this.

Some times it's not six but just one or maybe two...

Great story!

I bet those summer family reunions with the peaches and ice cream were so good! They must have been for this lady to remember them so many years later.

Just found out that when she and a few family members came over to my home town a number of years back to intern her mother's ashes in the cemetery of the Methodist church my Aunt showed up and had a southern picnic meal prepared for them, ham sandwiches potato salad and such.

Marcruger2

Bearcat
Yesterday while out walking my greyhound a nice lady stopped to ask about my dog (these dogs get more attention than Ferraris). We had an enjoyable talk for 20 minutes. As we were parting, I introduced myself, and she did the same. I stopped, stunned and asked if she was related to Sebastian (unique last name)? Yep. His mom! I used to work with him 10 years ago. Small small world!

harley08

Blackhawk
Yesterday while out walking my greyhound a nice lady stopped to ask about my dog (these dogs get more attention than Ferraris). We had an enjoyable talk for 20 minutes. As we were parting, I introduced myself, and she did the same. I stopped, stunned and asked if she was related to Sebastian (unique last name)? Yep. His mom! I used to work with him 10 years ago. Small small world!
Great story!
Greyhounds get more attention than Ferraris and run just as fast!
NEVER let a Greyhound off of a lease, you will never catch him/her!
(For a unique last name how about Butterworth?) Does your wife make that syrup? lol