LCR durability and issues

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SHOOTER

Buckeye
Well I have wonder and carried everyday for 25 years a S&W J frame. No lie.
Today I played with - reluctantly at 1st- a Ruger LCR revolver. Now I left impressed. the gun felt great. The trigger was great. The grips were great. The trigger short stroked but ....I liked it a lot.

How durable are these plastic / polymer revolvers?
Any issues popping up?
Any complaints?

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
I have about 800 rounds threw my LCR-357 and it is in perfect condition, it may not last as long as my Sp101-357 or GP100 but i am sure it will outlast me and one of my grandchildren will get a lot of use out of it.

DPris

Buckeye
I did a 5300-round endurance test with mostly +P loads on one, the frame stretched very slightly but didn't affect function & the gun shot fractionally more accurately at the end.
All LCRs are the same size.
Denis

Cal44

Bearcat
DPris said:
I did a 5300-round endurance test with mostly +P loads on one, the frame stretched very slightly but didn't affect function & the gun shot fractionally more accurately at the end.
All LCRs are the same size.
Denis

Was your endurance test on an LCR 38 or on the LCR 357 version?

I bought an LCR 357 even though I shoot 38 and 38+P just thinking the stainless frame around the cylinder might be more durable than the LCR 38 given the latter has an aluminum frame.

Thanks.

Dave

pwberndt

Bearcat
Before I bought my LCR 38, I fired a range LCR 38 that must have had at least 1000 rounds. The grip was worn shiny in spots. It was flawless and didn't miss a beat. I took the one I purchased and put some rounds through and purchased. It will easily out live me.

Okie69

Bearcat
I have a LCR 38 spec with over 500 rounds thru it, I then sold my S&W 38 Body Guard that I had for over 30 years. The LCR is lighter, better trigger, more accurate and the finish is very durable. I still carry my LCP more than the LCR due to the smaller size and carry ability. I am pretty accurate with the LCR.