What do I have here?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
Found this little goodie in my stash of boxes. This for a Standard Auto? MKI? Is it worth anything?

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
That condition $75.00 to $125.00 depends how bad one needs it.
Now if that was a 1 piece hinged box all bets are off,,,,$300.00 to $500.00 at auction.
JMO,
Terry

T.A. WORKMAN said:
T
Now if that was a 1 piece hinged box all bets are off,,,,$300.00 to $500.00 at auction.
JMO,
Terry

HA!! I'm having trouble getting much more than that for a complete package gun box paperwork. Box is restored by Chad's dad, Dave. Evidently times are tough

street

Hunter
If you are having trouble getting $75 to $125 for a MK-I with a box then you should advertise here on the Ruger Forum. You should sell all that you can find for that price. Now if you are talking about the 1 piece hinged box!!! Just how many of those have you tried to sell??? All of the 6 7/8 in Red Eagles MK-I came with that 1 piece hinged box, and I'm sure there are a lot of owners of those Red Eagles that would be glad to pay $300 to $500 for one of those boxes. Also some of the very first T-514, 5 and 1/4 in bl. MK-Is came in that 1 piece hinged box. Those collectors would be glad to part with that money to get that box. I bought my first Ruger in 1963 and to date I have not owned one of those 1 piece hinged boxes. They are very rare.

Yep Street that's what I thought too .

It is the hinged box.

I have it on GB and mentioned it in the auction section of the forum.

Here's the GB link

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=473285735

street

Hunter
golferboy426! It's a shame that gun has not sold. It is well worth the price as those guns were selling for $500 to $600 back in the 80s and that was without the box. It's too bad that if an Old Ruger is not a Flattop or Lightweight then collectors are not fighting over them. Just be patient, you just have to find the Auto collector that doesn't have that package and when he comes around then it will sell.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
golferboy426 said:
T.A. WORKMAN said:
T
JMO,
Terry

HA!! I'm having trouble getting much more than that for a complete package gun box paperwork. Box is restored by Chad's dad, Dave. Evidently times are tough

Well,,,,,I'll put my money where my mouth is.......If any one on the forum has an 6 7/8" original 1 piece hinged box in the same shape & condition as Hitmans 2 piece box, I'll pay you $300.00 to $500.00.
Please PM me with pictures.
Terry