Ruger No.1 in .338 Win.Mag. worth?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jugman

Bearcat
I have a like new Ruger No.1 in .338 Win. Mag. that has only 10 rounds thru it and was told that I might be able to find out what it is worth on this forum from the Ruger experts. I am in Conroe Texas and there are no Elk, Grizzleys or Elephants down this way. Could some of you big game hunters please help? Thanks in advance. Jugman. I have more pics if needed PM me.

jugman

Bearcat
What is the brake? What do I look for? Email me and I will send you pics and you can take a look for yourself. Thanks, Jugman

txpitdog

Single-Sixer
Muzzle brake. I was just curious, since there was a 338wm for sale in Conroe that had a muzzle brake. Didn't know if this was the same one.

OldRugerMan

Blackhawk
Jugman,
To answer your question I searched completed auctions and found No.1 338 selling for $600-650 depending on weather 1-S or 1-B,
Alex Henry or Beavertail forearm. Only 2 have sold that I could find, even NRA 1-S only getting bids to $700 and not making reserve. I'd be hard pressed to get $650 for one even here in elk, grizzly and elephant country. It is an excellent rifle/cartridge that I found easy to shoot due to good stock design, others don't like the recoil.

OldRugerMan

Blackhawk
No, Sorry. I got rid of all heavy, 10+ pounds, 338 rifles when I discovered the 338/350. It is a three digit M77R with a Line 6 composite stock and only weighs about 7 pounds with a Leupold 4x and a full magazine. The design of the stock makes the felt recoil about like an '06. From the rebored 22" barrel I chronogrphed 2775 FPS with 225 grain Hornady's. I figure the elk didn't know the difference.