Simply Rugged Holster for Ruger Blackhawk/Super Blackhawk?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Magnum Force

Single-Sixer
I have two Ruger Single Action Revolvers, a .357 Blackhawk and a .44 Magnum Super Blackhawk, both with 4 5/8" barrels. I carry them now in a Two Persons style holster, which works good for field use but not so much for concealed carry. I have been looking for an Inside The Waistband holster for them, not seeing much except for the Simply Rugged Sourdough.

Anyone out there have a Simply Rugged Holster they use IWB? Does it work?

hittman

Staff member
I have two Simply Rugged holsters with their inside-out straps. One fits J frame Smith, the other fits LCR. I've never found anything better.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Magnum Force said:
I have two Ruger Single Action Revolvers, a .357 Blackhawk and a .44 Magnum Super Blackhawk, both with 4 5/8" barrels. I carry them now in a Two Persons style holster, which works good for field use but not so much for concealed carry. I have been looking for an Inside The Waistband holster for them, not seeing much except for the Simply Rugged Sourdough.

Anyone out there have a Simply Rugged Holster they use IWB? Does it work?

I'd suggest you go up to a Tom Threepersons style, as theses from Graveyard Jack Gunleather.

The .45 (the one with stag grips) is my everyday carry holster, while the .44 Special (the other one with stag grips) is a stand-by holster. Easily concealed by my vest or jacket.

Bob Wright

Three50seven

Buckeye
I have 2 of their Sourdough Pancake rigs, one for a single-six and one for a S&W model 69. They offer IWB straps for that model, but I don't have any experience with them. I can say though that you will not find a better-built holster for the money. Check out the clearance section on their website, there are good deals to be had there and you don't have to wait!

Arky

Single-Sixer
I have the silver dollar pancake with straps for IWB for use with an sp 101 3 in. and it worked fine. However I eventually switched to the slim profile of a semi-auto for conceal carry.

unionprez

Single-Sixer
I have 8 or 9 of their sourdough pancake holsters and 1 of their silver dollar pancake holsters. I carry all the time (concealed, hunting and playing in the mountains out west. I've never found a better holster that works for whatever you want to do while wearing it. Good luck.