Your preferred hot sauce

Help Support Ruger Forum:

magnum711

Bearcat
If I could only have one, Chipotle Tabasco (I wish they put that in the big bottle). But, I bet we have 4-5 different kinds in the frig.

magnum711 said:
If I could only have one, Chipotle Tabasco (I wish they put that in the big bottle). But, I bet we have 4-5 different kinds in the frig.

Does Chipolte have Tabasco on the label? My understanding is that the family that makes it owns the rights to Tabasco. So unless they make it for Chipolte (by the way with their problems with contamination the last few years I won't go near the place) The folks owning Tabasco Sauce would likely raise hell.

Taterman

Buckeye
I've been liking/using Frank's Redhot Sauce lately. A local Mexican restaurant near here has some great homemade hot sauce as well.

LDM

Blackhawk
Frank's RedHot Sauce. I put that $#!+ on everything! Green Tabasco makes a nice change of pace.

Another vote for Frank's RedHot and Green Tabasco. Although I usually always have regular Tabasco on hand. It does overpower food, but just a couple drops adds a nice heat without changing the flavor too much.

Also,

Tapatio hot sauce. It actually isn't very spicy hot and adds a nice flavor.

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
My favorite is red Tabasco . . . . except you have to have the food very hot (temp)
so the vinegar will evaporate. The Tabasco Green is very flavorful, but just not near
as spicy. All that said, I bought a bottle of Franks Extra Hot and that could easily
surpass Tabasco for me.

For cooking I like the sriracha chili garlic sauce. 8)

BearBio

Buckeye
Tabasco sucks! All heat and NO FLAVOR!

Texas Pete for heat and flavor on NORMAL food (bleu cheese dressing, gravies, soups, dips, etc.) Colulu for tacos and burritos and El Yucateca or Marie Sharp's for spiciness!

Jeepnik said:
magnum711 said:

Does Chipolte have Tabasco on the label? My understanding is that the family that makes it owns the rights to Tabasco. So unless they make it for Chipolte (by the way with their problems with contamination the last few years I won't go near the place) The folks owning Tabasco Sauce would likely raise hell.

Chipotle Tabasco has no relationship to the restaurant by that name, AFAIK.

"chipotle" peppers are smoked peppers. The restaurant just appropriated the Mexican word as the name of their restaurant chain.

Latest posts