Ruger P345

Help Support Ruger Forum:

loaded round

Hunter
How many of you Rugerites are still carrying and using your P345? mine is my ''go to'' nightstand pistol after I cleaned my rear sight many years. ago. :)

welder

Buckeye
I have one that I enjoy, it has the rail. The other one I had was without the rail and I wish I still had it too. Very easy gun to carry and use. Both of mine were completely trouble free, accurate and soft shooting. One of the few guns I have owned that fit my hand perfectly.

modrifle3

Buckeye
Didn't like the trigger on mine, but best feeling grip I have ever held. I only sold it because I couldn't hit squat with it.

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
I have a P345 that i take to the range sometimes, but i carry a Sr40C. I bought it to complete my P series collection, but i have found it to be the most pleasant to shoot and accurate of all the P series pistols.

Tip

Single-Sixer
loaded round said:
...P345? mine is my ''go to'' nightstand pistol after I cleaned my rear sight many years. ago. :)

^^^^^
What do you mean, OP?

I don't own this model and am unfamiliar with the finer points of its design. Is there an inherent flaw in the design of the rear sight?

welder

Buckeye
Tip said:
loaded round said:
...P345? mine is my ''go to'' nightstand pistol after I cleaned my rear sight many years. ago. :)

^^^^^
What do you mean, OP?

I don't own this model and am unfamiliar with the finer points of its design. Is there an inherent flaw in the design of the rear sight?

"Cleaning under the rear sight" is another way of saying the magazine disconnect safety hardware has been removed, hardware which is located under the rear sight and accessed by removing said sight. The magazine safety on this particular gun is designed in such a way that firing pin damage can result if the gun is dry fired without a magazine in place. The hammer falling on the pin drives it into the safety block, peening it and eventually causing it to lock up or fail. Removing the safety prevents this
as does heeding the warning in the manual to keep a magazine in the gun while dry firing as the magazine pushes the block out of the way of the pin. Of course there are other reasons for removing the disconnect and it is easily done on this pistol should one chose to do so.

Tip

Single-Sixer
Thanks welder.
I examined a well-used blued example in my area. 'Couldn't decipher the issue without clarification.
Merry Christmas, All!

GKC

Blackhawk
I had one of the special edition P345s a number of years ago...engraved, with gold trim...and someone offered me a lot more than I paid for it, and I sold it to him. I wish I hadn't.

Nakanokalronin

Single-Sixer
I like mine quite a bit. It's been nothing but reliable and very accurate. I've carried it a little, but it's not my EDC. I made sure the rear sight was clean as well.

3FOAnp4.jpg

welder

Buckeye
Had mine at the range last week and used it to try some new reload recipes. Perfect function with those and half a bulk pack of WWB and Federal. My son is longing for one after shooting mine so I'm on the look out for another one if the price is right.