SBH Hunter Scoped Holster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sjs

Single-Sixer
I have a new SBH Hunter in .44 mag and I am looking at the Hunter 68-200 holster. It is about $100 at Midway and has an adjustable top. I am looking at it because it is affordable but also you can change scopes and adjust it so it will still fit, up to a point. I have a 2X Burris on my Hunter now but if I were to change it I would not have to buy a new holster.

I would appreciate any comments, especially by anyone who has one of those holsters.

mncampnhunt

Bearcat
I too have a new SBH Hunter - mine is wearing a Burris 2-7x32. I picked up a Uncle Mikes Bandoleer holster for it, before I even ordered the gun. I use to use one of these 20 years ago when I had a SRH with a red dot. I remember liking the easily adjustable strap that it has, especially as I'd change from a really heavy hunting coat to a lighter jacket. However I will admit that I haven't yet tried the new gun and scope in holster - been too focused on getting in a little shooting and learning about reloading. I've been wanting this combination for several years and am really looking forward to hunting MN white tails in the fall.

sjs

Single-Sixer
Let me know when you try it out if you like it, I still have not bought a holster.

Snyd

Single-Sixer
Von Ringler Wyoming Combination Holster. I've used mine for years.
https://ringlercustomleather.com

P8240018.jpg

P8140097.jpg

P8130051.jpg

mncampnhunt

Bearcat
SJS, Yes even with the 32mm scope it fits well down into the holster. I think the Super Redhawk with the red dot was tighter, guessing the Hunter frame is just a little smaller. Not sure if Uncle Mikes is still making this model - so if you find one grab it.

sjs

Single-Sixer
Thanks mncamnphunt.

Snyd, that looks like a very secure rig. If that is a SBH Hunter in the second photo, what size scope do you have on it?

Snyd

Single-Sixer
sjs said:
Thanks mncamnphunt.

Snyd, that looks like a very secure rig. If that is a SBH Hunter in the second photo, what size scope do you have on it?

Same gun in all pics. Different grips in one pic. SBH Hunter with 2x28 Weaver which is the same size as a 4x28 Leupold which I have now.

P7140004.jpg

98Redline

Blackhawk
I have the same holster as Snyd for the same gun, although mine wears an UltraDot Match Dot.

So far that holster has been awesome. The wide straps help with weight distribution and the various ways to wear it makes adjusting to the situation quite easy.