Is this normal on a P90 slide ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tercel89

Single-Sixer
Is this normal ? I have a P90 and under the slide on the long flat surface that scoops up a round from the magazine , there is a portion of one of it's corners that is cut at an angle on the left side. Not sure if this is normal or made this way . The area is right on the breech face under the firing pin hole. I attached 2 pictures. Any help is appreciated . Sorry , for some reason I cant attach the picture. The "cut out" portion is at the left hand area on the left hand edge when looking at the slide underneath.

tercel89

Single-Sixer
Im not sure why I cant post pictures here but if someone could kindly post a picture of the underneath side of their P90 slide I would appreciate it. I'll be able to see if this is normal or not. Thanks .

roylt

Hunter
No pic but it sounds like the cutout for the ejector. When the slide moves back it goes over the ejector. Clearance cutout.

If I understand what you are saying and I think I do.

More importantly, does the pistol work correctly?

tercel89

Single-Sixer
roylt said:
No pic but it sounds like the cutout for the ejector. When the slide moves back it goes over the ejector. Clearance cutout.

If I understand what you are saying and I think I do.

More importantly, does the pistol work correctly?

It works great . The "cut out" part is opposite of the ejector. The P89's don't have it.

roylt

Hunter
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/817188313

Like this? I'm sure it is a clearance cut for the ejector. Not extractor.

gb6491

Single-Sixer
Foothills of the Gila Mountains, SW Arizona.
tercel89 said:
Is this normal ? I have a P90 and under the slide on the long flat surface that scoops up a round from the magazine , there is a portion of one of it's corners that is cut at an angle on the left side. Not sure if this is normal or made this way . The area is right on the breech face under the firing pin hole. I attached 2 pictures. Any help is appreciated . Sorry , for some reason I cant attach the picture. The "cut out" portion is at the left hand area on the left hand edge when looking at the slide underneath.
I'd say it is normal as it's there on both P345 slides I have.

My guess is that it's there to prevent the slide from hanging up on the magazine.

Regards,
Greg

tercel89

Single-Sixer
gb6491 said:
tercel89 said:
I'd say it is normal as it's there on both P345 slides I have.

My guess is that it's there to prevent the slide from hanging up on the magazine.

Regards,
Greg

Thanks much !

tercel89

Single-Sixer
Thanks again guys for the help ! I'm loving this P90. The DA is the smoothest I felt in a DA/SA pistol.