Left Handed 10/22 . . . MERGED THREADS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
I'm in my 60s now and have shot "right handed" guns my entire life. I suppose to many of us left-handers the gun wasn't left or right handed ….. it just was what it was and you learned to use it.

Over a year ago I bought a Glock 19x. The ambi-slide release is handy. I did switch the mag release to left handed and it honestly took some practice to get used to it.

Last week I bought a Glock 17 gen 5 and will probably switch the mag release on it too; now that I'm used to it.

I'm still undecided if I'll switch around the PC Carbine. There'd be a new learning curve on that one too.

Pricey, but I will buy one. Why? I'm a southpaw. There have been attempts at left handed firearms over the years. Most have failed because the left handed community failed to support the effort. Think Randall. My stag came as a leftie and all of the controls work just fine. Charter Arms has their nifty little .38 Southpaw.

So my suggestion is this. If you want left handed guns buy them when they are produced. Don't remain brainwashed by the right handed folks who tell you that you don't "need" a left handed firearm. Imagine the uproar if all magically only left handed firearms could be produced. Why the roughly 80% of the world would be crying the blues.

Johnnu2

Hunter
READ the American Rifleman article (this month). LOTS of good rationale for the new version 10/22... p.s. they feel the price will be significantly less on the street.

J.

Johnnu2 said:
READ the American Rifleman article (this month). LOTS of good rationale for the new version 10/22... p.s. they feel the price will be significantly less on the street.

J.

Considering the current price gouging on firearms I do believe the person that wrote that for American Rifleman needs to go to drug rehab. The psychedelics have mushed his brain.

Johnnu2

Hunter
Jeepnik said:
Johnnu2 said:

J.

Considering the current price gouging on firearms I do believe the person that wrote that for American Rifleman needs to go to drug rehab. The psychedelics have mushed his brain.

Upon careful consideration, I believe you're correct Jeepnik..... WHAT was I thinking :-(

J.

Yep, they are pricey. But ya need to remember that they are of the Competition variety with several features to qualify them as such. Also, note that they are priced the same as the right-hand version so there's no "left-hand penalty" as you see with many other guns.

Granted, the $899 MSRP price is double (or more) the price of the more pedestrian standard models. They are definitely not an everyday plinker.

woodsy

Blackhawk
Jeepnik said:
Johnnu2 said:

J.

I agree. I would be willing to bet (with money) that my little SS carbine with plastic stock (right hand version, though I shoot lefty) would give it a run for its money (partly because I installed a peep sight). But the bet would have to be real time, though not during this virus.