OM Single Six Trigger Job?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hylander

Single-Sixer
Is there a spring kit for these or a good video, checked YouTube but they are all for the NM.
Hoping if I can get the trigger pull down it will help with the grouping
because they are not good at all.

Trigger pull is #4.75 but feels like #6 plus, would like to get it down to #3
I am going to get started stripping this thing down today.

kevin masten

Blackhawk
If you are good with stones, you can do it you ourself. It may only be grit on the sear and sear notch. Nothing further needed. If you put the stone to the metal , keep the same angles and only polish carefully ! You can't put the metal back, if the trigger pull, you mentioned, is accurate, that is not bad at all. Lots of little parts. Dissemble over a towel do
So parts don't bounce should you drop one. Good luck on your undertaking.

Johnnu2

Hunter
Why not try some Wolff reduced-weight springs (esp. the reduced hammer spring that they make in several different weights). As far as the OM trigger return-spring, I've used all different springs that I have in my junk box until I got one that I liked (AFTER I changed the hammer spring). I almost never stone OM Rugers; just seems to me that their tolerances are so loose that it really doesn't help unless I'm trying to reduce 'creep', then it really does help.

IMHO of course,
J.

dfletcher

Blackhawk
I generally limit myself to 600 and 1500 graphite paper. Wrap an about 1" X 3" piece around a small flat file, peel off when the grit smooths and continue. Very difficult to screw up any angles but polishes smooth as can be.

Latest posts