Ruger OM Super Single Six sights options

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AZmark

Bearcat
Hi, I'm new to this forum, joined today. Looks like a lot of good info here.
Ive got a Old Model Super Single Six and my eyesight isnt what it used to be. Does anyone make fiber optic or high visibility sights for this pistol. Searching the web I find them for the New Models but nothing for the Old Models.

hittman

Staff member
Welcome to the forum.

I don't know of any sites like you're looking for.

My solution was a good heavy coat of Testors model car paint on the front site blade. I use white first followed by Neon Orange.

wwb

Hunter
I used a dab of "hot pink" nail polish on the front sight. Wife didn't seem interested in the rest of the bottle, so it's still somewhere in my box of "assorted stuff". Probably dried out by now.

I think you'll find the new model sights ( screw on front and adjustable rear) will interchange,,,just use a "like length barrel". IE -, 4 5/8", 5.5", 6.5", and 9.5 inch, as the front sight height may vary.......
its the Single Six that has a slotted ( key way cut) in the front barrel, with a "pressed in" blade and NOT drilled and tapped for a screw up front..........just looks odd ( weird) an "old model" with "Hi Viz sights"........ 8) :roll: :wink:

contender

Ruger Guru
Dan is correct about using a replacement sight that can screw on. AND about using one of the same height/barrel length.

Hi-Viz does or at least did,, offer such a sight for the screw on sighted guns.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
The Super single six, both old and new models have a front sight held on with a single screw. Easiest sight to replace. Call Ruger (336) 949-5200 and they'll send you a free any parts under $20. Just request the fiber optic sight they use on the Single 7 ,32 Mag.

You may want to check into this to see if it is something you would be interested in. It is an aperture sight.

https://www.warrencustomoutdoor.com/one-hole-sight-ruger.html

Latest posts