For Sale 1973 S&W M27 6” blue

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I'm still a little uncertain here. On the one hand, it says to post links to Ruger items. On the other hand it says "no commonly available things." A 50 year old N frame S&W doesn't seem commonly available. So I sent a message to the mods asking for a ruling.. nobody said anything. And I see other members putting up collectible type non-Rugers… so I'm going to put up a link to my auction. I've seen people sell classic S&W revolvers in the Classifieds.. so I know we have members who might be interested.

Anyway.. I'm 62 years old, my wife retires next week, we are trying to sell off things we can live without so we can move to Cuenca, Ecuador. I've spent decades buying guns.. time to sell off the ones that aren't family heirlooms or have some special meaning to me. I've already sold several guns, just sold one of my P7's on gunbroker. Didn't post that link here… but I think we have fans of some of my older guns. So if the mods don't slap me down, I'll post a link every week or two.

Gregg Greenwood
Vinita, OK

That's always the problem as a generic seller who "isn't in the business" though. You don't know what is legal in what state. You think a 50 year old six shot revolver should be legal in every state... but you figure that isn't true. (I lived in Hawaii for three years... that was fun.)

So you just say "don't bid if it isn't legal" and then list out a few states you know could be problematic... I'm sure that's unfair but I have 0% interest in some ATF guy knocking on my door!

I have a C&R as well and it occurred to me that this revolver would just make the 50 year mark. But I don't really want to go down the road of shipping a handgun out of state. My FFL can do it USPS so that is probably the cheapest way.

I'm sure this will come up again when I list some older S&W's.