Another One Gone

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TREAT WILLIAMS,
In 1969, Williams' high school football coach, who was also a flight instructor, offered to train him in a Piper PA-18 Super Cub. At age 21, Williams became a private aircraft pilot. He later became an FAA instrument-rated commercial pilot with ratings in both single engine and multi-engine airplanes, as well as rotorcraft. He held a type rating for Cessna Citation jets.He was certified as a flight instructor. Williams owned a Piper J-3 Cub, Piper Cherokee 180, Piper Seneca II, and a Piper Navajo Chieftain, which was used for family travel between homes

On June 12, 2023, Williams was involved in a motorcycle crash on Vermont Route 30, in Dorset. According to the Vermont State Police, a 2008 Honda Element in the southbound lane turned into the path of Williams' motorcycle in the northbound lane, and Williams was unable to avoid colliding with it. He was airlifted to Albany Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead at the age of 71
1688847642299.png

Live life to the fullest, you never know when it's going to end.
RIP, Mr. Williams and prayers, go out to his family and close associates.
Amen! Someday is today and life is not a dress rehearsal. I am bowling right now with my 23 year old neighbor twins and having a blast. Using a house ball and playing polkas on the jukebox. Everyone is having a great time and it is good for the soul

KIR

Sparks, NV
I have really enjoyed any movie he was in. RIP

CAJUNCHEF

Bearcat
Too many drivers don't notice motorcycles and make left turns into them. My son died that way when a texting driver turned into him. The charge was failure to yield the right of way... texting was not a crime at the time. It should have been vehicular manslaughter....
So sorry for your loss of your son.
I can't imagine that.
Motorcycles are a danger, not unlike what we do
Lost a friend recently like that.
Prayers for you and your family.
CR

My universal advice to new and older motorcyclists is pretend you're invisible and always have somewhere to go. Everytime I go exploring on my motorcycle or fishing alone on my boat. I know I am taking a risk most sensible people wouldn't. If I waited around for others I would never do anything. Live till you don't. Die Living!!!

My universal advice to new and older motorcyclists is pretend you're invisible and always have somewhere to go. Everytime I go exploring on my motorcycle or fishing alone on my boat. I know I am taking a risk most sensible people wouldn't. If I waited around for others I would never do anything. Live till you don't. Die Living!!!
A good friend of mine rides a Honda Goldwing and has ridden for many years. His theory is that he rides like a fighter pilot with no ammunition. It makes sense to me.

Mike J

Hunter
I haven't ridden in a long time. I used to really enjoy it. The last bike I had was an old Yamaha XS-11. It was dressed and actually pretty nice. My buddy's car had a blown head gasket. He had no way to go. I let him use my bike for a week or two until he could work something out. He went to the store to get a loaf of bread. On the way back he stopped for a red light. An older fellow ran over him & my motorcycle sitting stopped at a red light. He was okay although he was really sore & walked funny for a couple of weeks. His back was very sore. My motorcycle was toast. I took the insurance money & never bought another one. It seemed like every time I got on the road I was having to take evasive action to keep from getting killed by an idiot. Now I'm married & at 57 years old still raising kids. I get tempted from to time but I need to make sure I get the kids raised. Then if I'm not too stove up I might get another one.

I haven't ridden in a long time. I used to really enjoy it. The last bike I had was an old Yamaha XS-11. It was dressed and actually pretty nice. My buddy's car had a blown head gasket. He had no way to go. I let him use my bike for a week or two until he could work something out. He went to the store to get a loaf of bread. On the way back he stopped for a red light. An older fellow ran over him & my motorcycle sitting stopped at a red light. He was okay although he was really sore & walked funny for a couple of weeks. His back was very sore. My motorcycle was toast. I took the insurance money & never bought another one. It seemed like every time I got on the road I was having to take evasive action to keep from getting killed by an idiot. Now I'm married & at 57 years old still raising kids. I get tempted from to time but I need to make sure I get the kids raised. Then if I'm not too stove up I might get another one.
I had the 20 year kid hiatus. When I was no longer needed for daily chauffeur duty I got another bike. I call it the Dirtwing. All the comfort and luxury of a Goldwing on a fully capable dirtbike

Attachments

• IMG_20170129_170013280.jpg
    IMG_20170129_170013280.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20210711_185328~3.jpg
    IMG_20210711_185328~3.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20180526_140933530_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180526_140933530_HDR.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 37