Blackhawk end shake cure

Help Support Ruger Forum:

If I remember correctly I've seen thin "washers" for sale to correct the situation. Problem being that their use doesn't correct the possible cylinder gap/headspace issue. And I'd guess you have to be careful not to lose the washer when you remove the cylinder.

Found em. Here you go:

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

contender

Ruger Guru
As noted,, it can be easily "fixed" using shim washers. And as noted,, it does increase the cylinder to barrel gap. But, depending upon the amount of endshake, it may not be an issue.
There are also ways a gunsmith can "stretch" the gas ring area a little. But the shims are an inexpensive & easy correction.

Bad Barlow

Blackhawk
If I remember correctly I've seen thin "washers" for sale to correct the situation. Problem being that their use doesn't correct the possible cylinder gap/headspace issue. And I'd guess you have to be careful not to lose the washer when you remove the cylinder.

Found em. Here you go:

Thanks for the tip! I also found a similar offering from "Triggershims.com".
They sell a variety of thicknesses, up to .006",and bought some.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Bad Barlow

Blackhawk
As noted,, it can be easily "fixed" using shim washers. And as noted,, it does increase the cylinder to barrel gap. But, depending upon the amount of endshake, it may not be an issue.
There are also ways a gunsmith can "stretch" the gas ring area a little. But the shims are an inexpensive & easy correction.
Well, I got lucky with my 9mm cylinder that is too short by .014".
By adding (2) .006" shims, I ended up with a
.006" b/c gap,and .006" headspace.
Thanks for the suggestions.
I may yet buy the Brownells "gas ring stretcher "(which can provide. 025" stretch!),but for the limited use the 9mm cylinder will get,I will probably find some other use for the $90 it costs. It's really not difficult to insert the shims, if done with good light at a workbench,with a little grease!