For the DA collectors - round butt Security Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Here is a new acquisition, one of the very few round butt, adjustable sight "RB" guns made in the 151-55xxx to 151-56xxx range. Never cataloged. Must have either been a marketing experiment or a contract run. NIB w/shipper! I'm pleased :D

GA32RB-151-56039-Right.jpg

GA32RB-151-56039-Left.jpg

GA32RB-151-56039-Boxes.jpg

Black Dog

Bearcat
I have a blue round butt Security Six with 2 3/4 in barrel and adjustable sights, no box, no papers. Serial Number is above 151 on new frame. Gave serial number to Chet couple years ago for RENE records. Purchased from elderly gentleman who appeared to be former law enforcement detective type. Black Dog

Terry T

Buckeye
How do you do that? You must have a very special Ruger 'bird dog' to smell out and flush out these rare ones! And NIB with both boxes! Way to Go!

Only one like it I've seen was a 'home made' round butt security six. Took a call to Ruger to verify - was well done.

Terry T

one bullet

Single-Sixer
I don't really expect you to do this but photo's of your Six family collection in the Gallery would be something to see. Do you even own a Six that doesn't look brand new? :)

1RugerFan_33

Single-Sixer
Oooooh, but that is a fine find! Congrats, WMG!

I sometimes think some of you guys must have "Ruger radar", to detect such things...Lord knows, y'all are on 'em like a heat seeking missle, then!

THAT is a model that sure would be handy to have...but then, I'd haveta shhot it, and screw up all the percentages for you collector guys :lol: