He committed suicide

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
arfmel,, I had to chuckle about that one. I think both a smart-alek phone & a computer are both too complicated in general. In 31 years of a wonderful life together,, Miss Penny & I have only had ONE area of "discussion" where we got heated & very upset. It's when she's tried to teach me stuff on a computer. I look at it kinda like; "Build it to do a function one way, and leave that alone. Never change it. Don't do upgrades, or whatever." And I always want to know "why" I can do something one way,, but trying to do something similar,, why I can't do it the same way I do other stuff. Miss Penny finally came up with the perfect comeback to my constant question of "why",,,, her response; "It's because Bill Gates & his computer nerds just want to screw with you personally!"
Heck,, on the picture thing,, I'm still a bit pizzed at a recent "upgrade" or whatever. My camera,, I used to be able to easily plug the USB cable into it & the computer, push one button and it'd link to the computer, and show my pictures, and allow me to click them & upload them in just those few steps. About 2 months ago,, I noticed when I clicked on the link button,, a whole new page from Microsoft Edge pops up. And while it has all kinds of "stuff" on it for me to do to my pictures already in my computer,, nowhere is a place to allow me to download pics from my camera anymore. I had to change how I got those pictures. I have to just remove my SD card, insert it in the computer,, then go through several extra steps just to get them to my files. Luckily,, I already knew how to do that,,, because my game cameras use SD cards & I already learned how to do that. But my direct linking from the camera to the computer,, gone.
And to really pizz me off,, I didn't ask for the "Microsoft upgrade,, it just happened.

I'll have to get a better picture of the antlers once I finish cleaning the skull plate.

"Glad you finally got him!"

Actually I could have taken him several times,, easily. He wasn't the one I was truly after.

Last edited:

contender

Ruger Guru
Thanks muleye. Most of my hunting is done with a handgun.

I've been out once with the metal detector, looking for the bullet. I did find the following,, (so far.)
Several small pieces of old fencing, (3) .45 acp bullets,, (likely from early days of my range,) 2-1/2 bullets from previous years where I used my T/C Contender in 7x30 Waters. (one intact, the others were either the core or the jackets,) and as for the Bradshaw/Martin .357 Maxi bullet,, I did find the gas check,, but the slug eluded me,, so far.

Latest posts