Interesting connection on Pittsbrgh Steelers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I don't follow the Steelers but when turning on the TV this afternoon I saw the Steeler quarterback Kenneth Pickett pass to George Pickens, receiver. It occurred to me that if you combine the two you have George Pickett, the Confederate General who led the infamous charge across open terrain and was whose division was decimated by Union rifle fire. At first I thought that the announcer had said that the receiver was George Pickett, which really would have been something for a Black NFL player to have the name of a Confederate General.

KIR

Sparks, NV
Do you think the Dems will try to change their names too? :eek:;):ROFLMAO:

I don't follow the Steelers but when turning on the TV this afternoon I saw the Steeler quarterback Kenneth Pickett pass to George Pickens, receiver. It occurred to me that if you combine the two you have George Pickett, the Confederate General who led the infamous charge across open terrain and was whose division was decimated by Union rifle fire. At first I thought that the announcer had said that the receiver was George Pickett, which really would have been something for a Black NFL player to have the name of a Confederate General.
Please don't disrespect my ancestor by associating him with the crybabies that play professional sports.