Just scored "Hell, I was there" for...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Killer

Bearcat
$1.99 at our local Goodwill store, couldn't pay and get outa there fast enough! I owned a copy years ago but foolishly let it go, so glad I found this one, it has the dust jacket and it's in very good shape.

Very good I read that a couple years ago. My local mini library had a copy shipped in from Bangor. Been keeping my eyes peeled for copies for sale at a reasonable price.
Sooner or later I'll find one. Six Guns is another keeper! ps

contender

Ruger Guru
Excellent find!
I occasionally scan the books at our Goodwill stores,, but it gets tiresome when they are not in any type of order.
They need workers with library skills,,,!

The living corpse of San Francisco Ca USA
Great book. I bought my copy just before emergency heart surgery years ago. My wife brought it in to the TCU so that I would have something to read. The guy in the bed next to me was a gun nut, and so we talked about Keith and his exploits.... I could see he lusted after the book.
So I gave it to him.
Turns out he had been there for a long time, waiting for a new heart. He was a sweet guy; I hope he made it. Eventually I found another copy and finished reading it.
Hadn't thought about that in years...

Jeff

daveg.inkc

Hunter
I've read this book 5 or 6 times. Where Elmer lived in Missouri, that is an hour North of me. Right on Lewis and Clark trail. Excellent reading, but one of my favorite stories is carrying a live coyote on a bucking bronc! It's on the cover of a 1930's magazine. American Rifleman? True Patriot!

BDM1

Single-Sixer
I have a copy of that book. Turns out that Elmer did not like the title, but the publishers used it anyway!

Daveboone

Single-Sixer
That is one awesome score!
It is one of my favorite outdoors books, tied with Good Friends, Good Guns, Good Whiskey, by Skeeter Skelton.

daveg.inkc

Hunter
I think back to that picture of Elmer with the frozen mule deer, rifle in antlers, that would have been a "hard" buck to skin. I did that once, cut the hide off in pieces. Warm after a kill, you can hang and skin in a few minutes.

Latest posts