LCP Max trigger fix-up?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

povertyponies

Bearcat
I bought 2 75th anniversary LCP Max pistols... the first one had a pretty heavy trigger pull, barely tolerable actually. Very reliable and the sights are right on.

Then I tried the second one... MUCH lighter trigger.

Should I call Ruger and see if they'll fix the first one under warranty? Or buy a replacement and hope it's better? Sell it and be happy with one?

The second pistol feels like a big upgrade from the original LCP. more rounds, better sights, and a better trigger. Only a tiny bit bigger.

Punch7

Bearcat
Ok, it was really easy. Just a dab of light grease and the trigger is adequate now
One of the features that sold me was the shape and width of the Anniversary Max's new aluminum trigger. This is the first safety blade trigger from Ruger that actually did NOT cause my finger to be sore from just dry firing it. The pull just length seems right, too. Of course the sear movement seems a bit gritty before the break but that can be remedied in due time. Easy pocket carry, too, even though it is just a wee bit heavier than that on the LCPll. Size difference to me is negligible and the 12 round mag makes for a much better grip.

povertyponies

Bearcat
I ordered it sight-unseen and didn't realize the 75th Anniversary Max was much different than other models. I admit was attracted to the low price! I really like the stainless slide.