Mag Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Johnnu2

Hunter
Now that I'm old and losing some strength, I've been thinking about getting a magazine loader for my Mini-14. I know nothing about these things and was seeing that there are a lot of these mag loaders for the black guns (AR types). Will these work on the Ruger mini-14 mags? Would anyone recommend a mag loader to me please?
THANKS,
J.

contender

Ruger Guru
I too recommend the MagLula!

I have most of their offerings. Love them all.

Just Saturday,, my oldest,, with his wife,, were here shooting. My other DIL broke out her Uplula, and he'd never tried one. (I was a bit surprised,) When he tried it,, he immediately took a picture & said he was ordering one that day!

Johnnu2

Hunter
I was thinking Maglula but didn't see where it will 'fit' a mini-14...was I mis-reading something?
I saw one that works with a "strip" but don't have "strips".

J.

AZGun Guy

Bearcat
Big fan of the MagLula, UpLula. I saw dozens of Mag Loaders in the Army. We even had contests to see which was better. Shows you two things. The level of boredom and the amount of empty magazines we produced... UpLula's and the StripLula's always won. Loose or clip they are the bomb.

There MAY be a maglula for Mini14 but I don't know for certain. Maglula for AR uses the mag catch notch on the side of the mag and IIRC Mini uses a rear mag catch similar to an AK.

contender

Ruger Guru
Good point kmoore.

But many folks can have issues even doing that. My oldest, the other day,, has zero issues and can load a 32 rnd magazine by hand,, but he LOVED the Uplula!
Throw in age, arthritis, strength issues etc,, and mag loading tools become a "necessity!"

Johnnu2

Hunter
I'm in luck because here in NYS, our governor doesn't want us to hurt our senior citizen hands so she passed a law that restricts magazine capacity to 10 rounds.....
The criminals are exempt from this AND don't need to post bail when they get caught with illegal stuff .... ;)

J.