My small Ruger family

Help Support Ruger Forum:

eddieb

Bearcat
I've always had S&W revolvers and really never considered Rugers. Sold all of my Smiths, except one, and picked up these two. Granted, the Rugers are no where near as refined as Smiths, but there's nothing wrong with them that a bit of fluff and buff can't cure. And at a price that's half or better. I'm a convert.

S6300004-1.jpg

GP100-1-2.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
I think you'll find yourself getting hooked on these good sturdy revolvers. Yes, the Smiffs have a nicer action (usually) out of the box,,, but with just a little tweaking & care in the right places,,, those tough old Rugers will make big smiles appear.
BTW; those two look very nice!

bronco45

Single-Sixer
Own both models you are showing. Couldn't get a better 357 snub or packin gun. My SPs consistently, habitually, outshoot my 640 Smith.

The Smith is a little easier to pack but if you buy good leather the SP disappears just as easily as the Smith.

My GP shot the best 357 group I've ever shot in 35 years of 357s. It was .762 of an inch at 25yds rested and that was 6 rounds. The load was a Hornady XTP 140grains over a healthy dose of 296 with a Winchester primer.

Great choice.

Coogs

Maximum
Forget IT!!!! Your bit now, Rugeritus has taken ahold of ya!!!!!! Good start. I'll bet that within 30 days or so your postin' a pic of your next Ruger! Wecome to the club! Coogs. By the way, love them SP's.......that is what I carry in a .357.

garp007

Bearcat
My " twins " :D , oldest and tallest brother with gentle caliber and younger wilder brother always ready to use his clips 8)

33p8uon.jpg

2qlzrrm.jpg

3150u84.jpg

245ynwo.jpg

28bbaz4.jpg

Cary

Single-Sixer
bronco45":2a240jxu said:
Own both models you are showing. Couldn't get a better 357 snub or packin gun. My SPs consistently, habitually, outshoot my 640 Smith.

The Smith is a little easier to pack but if you buy good leather the SP disappears just as easily as the Smith.

My GP shot the best 357 group I've ever shot in 35 years of 357s. It was .762 of an inch at 25yds rested and that was 6 rounds. The load was a Hornady XTP 140grains over a healthy dose of 296 with a Winchester primer.

Great choice.
Hey, that's some great shooting there. You must be doing something right. I only wish I could shoot half that good.
Cary