New "old" kid in town

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Delbert

Bearcat
Welcome from Missouri, where Fajen actually made gunstocks in Warsaw, Mo along with his partner Bishop.

Fajen sold the business, machinery and wood molds sometime in the 2000's to another gunstock business, then that I believe was sold to Harry Potterfield of Midway USA.

Not a dig on you Prairie Traveler, but a Fajen stock today isn't really made by Fajen. I think it's called a Fajen Series. I could be incorrect.

My dad used to go to Warsaw, Mo and knew Rinehart Fajen personally when he was doing gunsmithing to select wood for guns to carve out, back in the 60-70's.

I have an original Fajen laminate stock myself for my 10/22 that I built into a tack driver.

Welcome aboard!
A1D41467-3F37-47D3-A34E-9D0FEBEA396D.gif

Thanks for the extra info, Delbert. This is not the first Fajen gunstock. My first one is on a small ring Mauser, re-barreled to 6mm Rem. that I got back in the early 70s, when they were still marked Rinehart Fajen. I was lucky and received an upgrade, to my order. a beautiful AA, when all I ordered was an A. This laminate walnut/maple, that's going on the #1, was ordered several years ago. Myself, and many others, were very dismayed, when the news about Fajen closing was announced.