OM S-47 question............

Help Support Ruger Forum:

......being I never got into the collecting of the old model Super Blackhawks, so seldom hadd to know or tell anyone info on them, I always asked Don W. or Bob C. or my dealer Bill E ( appleman) and sadly they are all 3 gone now to the big gun show in the sky, and back then was easy to find out or learn something from them, but this weekend an old customer brought me their Dads old model S-47, serial number #31,24x and it was in a special made wooden case, the gun is very high polished, had the safety update done in the very beginning of the program, and he had put on simulated ivory grips ( I know its Westinghouse Micarta) but does look nice, alas the black/red box, grips (blackeagle with the neck feathers on those 1967 era guns) papers and the original lockwork got "tossed"...boo hoo
anyway my question and I do not see it in the RENE is just about the high polish finish, wow it is nice, the ejector rod is the half round version......so how long or when approximately did they do the high polish???
Thank you..........anyone.......

OM S-47 44 mag 7.5 in serial #31,24x.JPG

Thank you Bob, kinda thought that myself, but I handle so few of them,:unsure: never paid that much attention, only one I ever cared for was that first OM S-46 6 1/2 inch "S" gun we had , one of a kind till the second one popped up years later, sold it to my dealer Bill E (appleman) here on the forum and when the family put those guns of Bills in Rock Island auction, my nephew JB was able to get it back, heck for even less than we had offered the family but they had said NO , off to the auction....ha ha;):cool:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Yup, auctions can be hit or miss for sellers. TW the potato man offered me a boxed lowback Speed Six with the spurless hammer back in fall 2006 for $600 but I was broke at the time and had to pass. He said he'd take it with him to Tulsa and to check back with him after the show to see if he still had it. I forgot about it until 2007 when the heirs of Leo S. in Maine decide to auction off his guns. Same Speed Six shows up in the auction and I buy it for $325 + premium and shipping.

Latest posts