Ordered some Hornady 62 grain .224 bullets.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

noahmercy

Blackhawk
For thirty years my go-to 22 caliber bullet for determining if a gun has a good barrel has been the Hornady 60 grain SP. It is just a relatively inexpensive flat-base number that shoots tiny groups from anything with potential. Their 55 and 62 grain FMJBT seem to shoot just as well as any other manufacturer's similar designs, so good for knockaround/SHTF ammo.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
I'm sure they will shoot just fine but if you are looking for accuracy , quit buying fmj bullets. The link explains it.

My EDC AR is loaded with Hornady Steel Match 55 grain HPFB. Very accurate in this particular rifle. The match bullets work OK (not great but OK) for small varmints but coyotes tend to run off even with a good hit (hence the admonition to NOT use match bullets for hunting). Fur's not worth anything so I don't care WHERE the coyote dies as long as it's dead.

JCK

Single-Sixer
MidSouthShootersSupply sells 62gr BtSpt and 62gr BTHPT bullets in bulk that are 1st quality, accurate and expand making them excellent hunting bullets. Cost is only slightly more than FMJ's.
I too have used the 60gr FB with excellent results. But I prefer the newer 62gr designs.
I do plan to purchase some of the new 75-77gr RMR's !