Poor baby

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
One of the neighbors did us a favor sometime early this morning. :mrgreen: Found this small copperhead (about 20" ) right near my driveway. Probably came out of my woods. 2nd one I've seen this year. Where there's one there's more, which is why I carry an LCR loaded with shotshells around here. :)

DSCF3375.jpg~original

loiblb

Single-Sixer
I see them on my bicycle ride on the trail this time of year. Mostly just small ones. Makes me wonder how many I have walked up on in the woods but did not see.

We get copperheads here from time to time. We keep a S&W model 17 loaded with CCI shotshells for such times. Take a shot from about 6' aiming at the body about 3 or 4 inches behind the head, then a second shot about half the distance and aimed directly at the head. No more copperhead problem and only a couple of quick and not too loud pops that don't disturb the neighbors.

Don Lovel

Hunter
Found one in my laundry basket that I had pulled from the dryer the night before and left sitting in my room. Got up the next morning, grabbed towel out of the basket and there was 20" of copperhead trying to stay warm in the laundry. NOPE, he got a mag full of .22 LR out of a Ruger Mark 1 as did a couple of clothing items in the basket I tossed into the front yard before I shot it up. This was filmed in Snowball Arkansas where I used to live by one of my old neighbors.
Biggest copperhead I have ever seen filmed with a honkin big cottonmouth doing Sham battle for territory of that junk pile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHA81Tfk3og

Mike J

Hunter
Good job by your neighbor Gene. I killed 4 or them in the space of about 2 weeks in the yard here a couple of years ago. I try a little harder to make sure I keep things cut down since then. I need to mow now but it has rained every day for about the last week & I've been working 6 12s so it make things kind of tough.