Replacement polymer frames.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

It would be great if Ruger or the aftermarket would offer different polymer frames for Ruger semi autos. My Max 9 for instance. An accessory rail would be a great addition. Different colors as well. Several manufacturers offer different textures, colors and options on easily replaced polymer frames.

Mike J

Hunter
It would be great if Ruger or the aftermarket would offer different polymer frames for Ruger semi autos. My Max 9 for instance. An accessory rail would be a great addition. Different colors as well. Several manufacturers offer different textures, colors and options on easily replaced polymer frames.
I wonder if a fellow with a 3D printer could print Max-9 grips with an accessory rail or maybe even just different sized grips. I don't know if there would be enough of a market for him to recoup his start up costs & be profitable. One shouldn't have to hassle with .Gov as the frame (the metal insert) is the serial numbered part.

Mike J

Hunter
Sig and Kel Tec have been doing it for years.
Yep. I remember taking apart the Kel-Tec I had long ago. I haven't owned a Sig but they are very modular. You can use the fire control group with different grips, barrels slides. Basically mix & match to have what you want. I don't know if Ruger will ever go that route.

Yep. I remember taking apart the Kel-Tec I had long ago. I haven't owned a Sig but they are very modular. You can use the fire control group with different grips, barrels slides. Basically mix & match to have what you want. I don't know if Ruger will ever go that route.
Sadly I doubt it.

Enigma

Hunter
I recently saw a 3-D printed add-on 'gas pedal' with a front rail section advertised for Glock pistols. I dunno if something could be made like that for Ruger pistols or not. Honestly, I didn't pay much attention to how it was designed and held in place because I have no need for one.

HoosierBilly1

Bearcat
Different colors? Hmmm... Maybe we can get them to make a purple frame for my P95. :D
I know your post was meant to be funny. but I just wanted to point out that the P95 does not qualify for a frame swap because it is not modular. I doubt Ruger will ever provide frames to be replaced on the new guns. The finish is not that great since they started the EC9S. Black Oxide is not durable compared to the finish available in many other guns from other manufacturers. Even Taurus is offering a better finish.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
Yes, I think colored pistols are silly. But I also don't want a pistol with an accessory rail either.

iu

I like FDE for my pistols because if my shirt lifts or something it's more likely to "blend in" than scream gun. Being able to mount a small laser would be a great option as well. My Max9 has already amazed me with it's speed and accuracy with the dot I think a laser would do the same for night engagements. I do have a plastic welder and some Magpul rail so I might accomplish this yet.

Yes, I think colored pistols are silly. But I also don't want a pistol with an accessory rail either.

iu
These are my Enhanced Service Pistols. I'm going to mill the Beretta and my Tanfoglio for an optic soon. Dot, Light/Laser make them solid platforms to over 100yds. A PDW that fits in a shoulder rig. I like the Olight light/laser so much I got 5 of them. Hopefully one of my local gunshops will need more welding soon.

Attachments

• IMG_20230513_124545838.jpg
    IMG_20230513_124545838.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20230513_124436620.jpg
    IMG_20230513_124436620.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 42
Night engagements? Some y'all playing a different game than me...
What happens when there is that bump in the night or you are out walking the dog? Can you accurately engage home invaders? Can you distinguish your teenager or one of their stupid friends from an actual armed threat? If someone is holding your wife or child in front of them can you confidently put the laser on their forehead and finish the situation? I've practiced all of these drills for decades without all of these aids but I am 10x more confident with them. I don't have a Home Defense firearm without at least a light.

Mike J

Hunter
Night engagements? Some y'all playing a different game than me...
I don't have a light or an optic on any of my pistols but they seem to be becoming more & more popular. I am interested in trying an optic.
I think I would prefer to have a light in my off hand. I don't want to point a gun at something if I don't know what it is.
I am a member of a F-book group dedicated to PSA Dagger pistols. They have a couple of different frames & many different slide options. They started as a 3rd generation G-19 clone. I see many pistols there equipped with lights, optics & compensators. Some of them say they use them for range guns. Some say home defense. Some like to mix Glock clone parts from different manufacturers to make what they want. I like watching it. It is interesting seeing what they come up with even though my Dagger doesn't have an optics cut & its only upgrade is night sights.

I can set up 5 or 6 IPSC targets in my yard and run them at night. The light has a momentary switch so I can tag it at the last second. I can make solid Minute of Bad Guy hits with just the light. The laser gives me that between the eyes capability shooting over a family member requires.