RW Gripframe Goodness arrived today!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I came home from having new tires and wheels installed on my wife's truck, and lo and behold, there was a package waiting on my mat. From Ronnie Wells! Man, I was excited to see that! Gripframes and goodies!

Heres what was in there. 3 Gripframes with grips, a third hand tool, and a rear sight for the Flat Top. I'm sure you're all familiar with the 2 Dogs/RW rear sight by now, and the third hand tool that makes removing the trigger pivot pin on NM's a breeze.

IMG_8978.jpeg

So, here's the low down on the grip frames. First, the Bradshaw Finger Groove Large. I don't believe he has this one on the sight, you have to ask for it. It is amazing for those of us with big hands, and I can't wait to fit it to my .45 Blackhawk. It will have a Bisley hammer and trigger. Ronnie even engraved my name into the aluminum! The panels are walnut burl and have as much figuring as I've ever seen. They should be amazing once finished.

IMG_8979.jpeg

Next is the Lee Martin XRHybrid. It has a XR3-Red front strap, a Dealer rear strap, a Dragoon trigger guard and the grip portion is .300 longer than a factory grip. Uses a standard trigger and hammer. The panels are Paduak and should finish a warm reddish tint. Going on a 6.5" Single Six.

IMG_8980.jpeg

Lastly, The Dealer. A Bisley hybrid that just feels amazing. This one uses a Bisley trigger and will get a Super hammer. Going on my .44 4 5/8" Flat Top. The panels are some of the most beautiful Cocobolo that I have ever seen. Deep, dark, striated and striking.

IMG_8981.jpeg

So…all I need to do is get to work, right?

contender

Ruger Guru
SWEET!!!!!!!

I've been fitting a Bradshaw Bisley g/f to my .357 Maxi recently,, and I've been posting updates here. The g/f is finished,, and now the work on the grips start. I'm making my own,, so I'll be doing it from scratch.

Love the rear sight insert,, and all!

Wow those are nice. I was unaware of that tool so I'm going to look it up and get one headed this way. Also wondering if he makes an old model frame. I have a single six magnum that has been reblued and cch'd and one of those frames would look great on it.

Johnnu2

Hunter
The only thing I have from Ronnie is that tool........
It's worth it's weight in gold; saved me time and frustration.... (y)
J.

A couple of pictures, and weights of both the .44 Secial Flat Top and the 7 1/2 inch Blackhawk with the new hammers/triggers/grip frames (rough fit). I'm always impressed by the weight savings of one of Ronnie's grip frames.
IMG_9013.jpeg

Here's the big guy. Currently weighs in at 42.2 ounces. Not bad… it got a Bisley hammer and trigger.
IMG_9012.jpeg

And here's the lightweight. The .44 special Flat Top weighing in at 38 ounces. Now that's light. It got a Super hammer/Bisley trigger/New Vaquero ejection rod. Also- a Powers free spin pawl to replace the funky free spin original pawl. Some people say the Powers pawl is hard to fit, but my experience is just the opposite. 10-15 minutes file and stone work and you're done. Beats the heck out of the Ruger pawl that relies on a precisely placed groove in the grip frame. The powers pawl cams off the main frame and once it's fit it should never go out of adjustment.

Next step is to start sanding to match the frame, then counter the trigger guard and front/back straps. Then fit the grips. Lots of work…I'll post pics.

Last edited: