Sold the SR9...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kscott

Single-Sixer
Well, I decided to part with my SR9 today. :cry: Sold it to a buddy who had been telling me if I ever sold it, that he wanted first shot at it. It's definitely not that I didn't like it; its just with the SR9c and extension, I thought I'd pick up an M&P because they feel really good in hand too. So I pick up my new pistol Friday or Saturday. On the bright side I still get to shoot my old SR9 whenever I want. :wink:

jhearne

Buckeye
:lol: that's a pretty good bright side. Congrats on the M&P, they ain't so bad ;).

Josh

81aggie

Bearcat
Congratulations on the new purchase. The M&P is a nice pistol I think. I've been looking at the compact myself. I'd hate to part with my SR9 but I, like you, have the SR9c also. Maybe I'll be able to come up with another way to finance the next purchase :wink:

A

Anonymous

I almost bought an M&P, before the SR9, but the $130 difference, swayed me towards the SR9, plus I thought it looked better as well, but the M&P's seem to be great guns.

kscott

Single-Sixer
Thanks guys, you're making it a little more bearable. Haha. 81aggie- haveyou handled the M&P compact? I liked the feel of the SR9c much better, but that's just my opinion. FWIW, I haven't shot the M&P compact, my opinion is just from handling it in a gun shop.

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
An M&P 9c was my first centerfire handgun a few years ago. Fieldstrip is a bit fussy, you have to reach down into the open breach with something (pencil, etc.) to push down a little wire lever. Can't use your finger as you can on a P-Ruger ejector. The changeable backstrap idea is nice. Bore axis looks a bit higher than the 9c. Even with the little pinky extension mags there's barely enough grip for average size hands. Not the best first handgun and I struggled shooting it.

A

Anonymous

I shot the M&P 9c a couple days ago looking for a new carry. Shot the GLock 26, XD9sc, Walther PPS and the M&P. I was leaning towards the XD but after shooting the M&P just absolutely loved it, I couldn't miss with it. Loved it so much I'm thinking about getting the full size and the compact size as well.

Jay

Takedown

Bearcat
I sold my SR9 as well; I feel the SR9C is more accurate and has the ability to hold 17 also. Picked up an HK USP Compact .40sw (love that caliber), still hoping for the SR40 sometime soon.