The gun show was good today

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pawncop

Blackhawk
I am pleased to announce that I have finally obtained a Ruger convertible (45ACP/45 Colt) new in the box 5 1/2 inch barrel, B/S at a local show for a reasonable price. I have been going to this particular show for several years and had not been impressed with the last couple, but today was good. Also found a Paraordnance LTC with box and papers, two magazines for another reasonable price. Been a while since I have done this well.

pawncop

Blackhawk
The LTC is all metal small frame 45 ACP, a little smaller than a Combat Commander style. Barrel is 4 1/4 inches. Has a skeletonized trigger and hammer. Three dot Novak style sights, extended slide lock safety, grip safety.

It's the first Para I have owned, looking forward to learning more about it.

wproct

Single-Sixer
Some times the stars are aligned just right. It's a really good feeling when you go to a gun show and you find something you have wanted for a long time and the deal works out. And then there are times when you see something that you really hadn't been thinking about but it really jumps out and ya gotta have it. Makes up for all of those shows you go to and come home empty handed.

vlavalle

Single-Sixer
I
I purchased a similar gun in 2014. Mine is also a Ruger .45LC/.45ACP 5 1/2" barrel, SS, and called a 'convertible', with two cylinders. It is also a flattop. The handle is a bit unorthodox (the handle that came with it), and I have to hold it towards the bottom a bit to avoid getting blisters. I have two other Ruger revolvers that do not have this handle issue. But it is fun to shoot. Also, there are limits as to what ammo I can safely shoot with it. Buffalo Bore make 3 very high powered rounds (none are SAMI approved), and I can shoot only the lowest powered one of these three. It is the round that produces 1,216 ft. lbs. This is already so powerful that I have to put on a glove, and soot it with both hands! Normally, I shoot with one hand, arm extended all the way. But I cannot do this with these heavy loads.

Attachments

• P1100072.JPG
    P1100072.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 20
  • P1100162a.JPG
    P1100162a.JPG
    266 KB · Views: 18

vlavalle

Single-Sixer
I
I am pleased to announce that I have finally obtained a Ruger convertible (45ACP/45 Colt) new in the box 5 1/2 inch barrel, B/S at a local show for a reasonable price. I have been going to this particular show for several years and had not been impressed with the last couple, but today was good. Also found a Paraordnance LTC with box and papers, two magazines for another reasonable price. Been a while since I have done this well.
I purchased a similar gun in 2014. Mine is also a Ruger .45LC/.45ACP 5 1/2" barrel, SS, and called a 'convertible', with two cylinders. It is also a flattop. The handle is a bit unorthodox (the handle that came with it), and I have to hold it towards the bottom a bit to avoid getting blisters. I have two other Ruger revolvers that do not have this handle issue. But it is fun to shoot. Also, there are limits as to what ammo I can safely shoot with it. Buffalo Bore make 3 very high powered rounds (none are SAMI approved), and I can shoot only the lowest powered one of these three. It is the round that produces 1,216 ft. lbs. This is already so powerful that I have to put on a glove, and soot it with both hands! Normally, I shoot with one hand, arm extended all the way. But with heavy load, I cannot shoot with just one hand for the recoil is also quite strong!

OMCHamlin

Single-Sixer
I went to a show in Lebanon, TN and it was a great show, but I couldn't sell my '58 Flat top w/Ruger-Bianchi holster for squat, and consequently passed on what I thought of as a grail gun, a Dan Wesson 715 (CZ). And, I just remembered I forgot to go back and snag a Holosun red dot that actually was a good price. Oh well… still a decent show