The iconic ruger 10/22 and buck 110

Help Support Ruger Forum:

These went into production in 1964 when I was 17 years old and thanks to the genius of Bill Ruger and the Buck family have been in continuous production for 60 years and each have sold millions. There have been many variations of each. I have enjoyed them all that time. I bet most of you forum members have one of them or maybe both.
20240316_123054.jpg
20240316_093738.jpg
20240316_094049.jpg

Delbert

Bearcat
I have both, but my first (still have) 1971 10/22 Ruger came with walnut stock and aluminum butt plate.

I even have a 25th anniversary 110 Buck and a few other models that are now discontinued in my collection.

CJ Buck once came to my local Bass Pro and I got a few knife signatures from him back in 2010.

"Two thumbs up" on this combo from me, as well.

Like several others here, I have "more that one" of each. 😎
(No pics… all run of the mill.)

A few years ago, I bought a couple of the 110 "Slim Hunter" series. Zytel scales, modified clip-point blade, pocket clip- just dandy! Then I bought a couple of the 112 "Slim Ranger" series… same thing, just scaled down slightly- PERFECTION!

Being an American male, I'm generally in the "more is better, too much is just enough" camp. I've always wondered who would buy a 112, when the larger 110 was available. Turns out… it's ME! 🤠

Just like I prefer my Case "Sodbuster Jr." pocket knife over a full-sized Sodbuster, the 112 is "just right" for everyday use!

In related news- Johnnu2, your drop-point Buck 110 with the stag scales is particularly delicious! Wow! 😍
Nice buffing job, as well!

Star43

Blackhawk
This is twice today I think Uncle Howie is right on and I don't even know the guy !!! As far as the 10/22 and the 110.....both are classics. I have a few of the 10/22's. Back in the day, I was the Scoutmaster for a pretty large Troop, back when BSA was the BSA, but that is another story. Lots of great memories of the boys and the Asst. Scoutmasters. Still see a few of the "boys" now and then. I say boys, but they are all men now and it's great to see them with their wives and kids. I digress here. The 10/22 was used to train them (plus a couple of single shot Ithacas back then. The boys could sure go through that ammo for sure..They loved the 10/22, and still do. As far as the 112, I have more than a few of them too, but to be honest, I love the 112 Ranger. That was my carry knife on all the hikes and backpacking along with a multi-tool for use. I will stop now......😊😊