WHEW! I'm tired.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Sometime yesterday a big limb crashed down from my backyard oak tree. Thankfully, it missed my telephone and power lines, but played havoc with my fince. And, thankfully, what it tore up in my fence was not anything I had just repaired. The limb was maybe thirty feet in length, nearly a foot in diameter at the base. Getting it down from the fence was a major job, then cutting it up to haul around for pick up was a task. Oak is heavy, I could only pick up about a three foot long log at the thickest part.

And, being rather dense, I further complicated my work. As I was cutting one section I bound up my saw and pulled the chain off the bar. Went into my shop and decided to clean out the mass of oily sawdust/dhips. Then put the thing back together and went back to work. Yeah, you guessed it: I put the chain on backwards.

But I finally got most of the big stuff cut up and, by use of my little yard wagon, got most houled and piled up for pick up. My yard wagon could only handle three logs at a time, so had to make many trips for that work. Now I've had a hot shower, lunch and kicked back in the recliner and feel pleasantly tired but good.

My chain saw is a 14" Craftsman corded electric, by the way. By comparison with y'all who live in more rural/farm/ranch homes, minature by your standards, but its been mighty handy over the years.

Bob Wright

In my younger years (30s) I wanted a chainsaw so I could help out at Deer Camp. When I got mine I quickly learned that it was pretty easy to cut down medium trees. But it was a heck of a lot of work to cut and trim it up. Later we went to work weekends with 10 or so guys, young and old, to do the job. A log splitter helped a lot.

That's a heck of a lot of work for one guy.

Last edited:

eveled

Hawkeye
So, how do you feel today? Hard work hurts worse the next day. It's sort of like a hangover.

eveled

Hawkeye
The good Lord needed you this morning so he spared you from the hard work hangover.

Seriously I'm glad you are feeling fine.