Any pro/con on WLP?

Cholo

Staff member
DON'T BUY
And never go shooting again. For your new entertainment go here:

Johnnu2

Hunter
so you like them? other than the price?
I've never used a particular brand of primers. That being said, unless they don't go bang, I like them. I ever had a Winchester LP primer not go 'bang' so I guess I like them. I do remember WAY back in my mind that Winchester had recalled some primers; unfortunately it was many years ago and the details have faded. I did have to send several thousand back to them for a refund. No problem ..>!!!!!
J.

Johnnu2

Hunter
And never go shooting again. For your new entertainment go here:

Actually Cholo, when I run out of my components stash, I will stop shooting centerfire..... and will turn to my .22LR stash for the remainder of my years....
I tried ballet........ pants are too tight..
J.

If you use a Lee Auto Prime (hand held tool) or Auto Prime II (press mounted), I think Lee originally recommended using either CCI or Winchester primers to avoid accidents; up to 100 primers in the tray at a time was apparently ok. Last year I asked them about Fiocchi primers; they hadn't tested Fiocchi (yet?), but mentioned that there are some new recommendations for Winchester primers:

Winchester LP - load no more than 20 primers in the tray
Winchester Magnum SP & LP - no more than 20 primers in the tray
Winchester Magnum SR & LR - no more than 20 primers in the tray

Winchester LR - load no more than 10 primers in the tray

Winchester SP & SR are still ok @ 100 per loading tray

As always, best to play it safe!
:)

Last edited:

BULL'S-EYE

Buckeye
I came across some Winchester large pistol primers a couple years ago that I originally purchased in 1989-90. They had been stored indoors in a plastic tub since at least 1994...And, somehow got misplaced, as I have moved a half dozen times since then. I decided to go ahead and use them up, and every last one went BANG! 😉👍

J. Yuma

Bearcat
Whelp, I guess WLP are a good thing.

Back to ballet, this ballet forum:

proves (to me) that there is an alternate universe.
AND I QUOTE: "I used to squat 85kgs on the bar - it didn't really have any affect on my ballet, but I I cut back to 30kgs on the bar as my knees didn't like the heavier weight. With the heavy weight I did the classic squat; with the lighter weight the Hindu squat, where your bum touches your heels and you feet are flat on the ground. My knees hurt less in ballet class and my plies are a bit deeper."

The line about "I did the classic squat; with the lighter weight the Hindu squat, where your bum touches your heels..."
To me, the "CLASSIC SQUAT" part is not what Louie Simmons (RIP) would've described.

I drove back from Orlando yesterday (I didn't, nor would I, do disney) Good 9 hour run that we managed to stretch into 11. Stopped at SOUTH OF THE BORDER for a new extra large sombrero (skin cancer) and the Red Neck Barbecue Lab for a FAT RED NECK SANDWICH (brisket and pulled pork with collards)

here's to Louie, barbecue, sombreros, bullets, and all the other things that make my life enjoyable.

Attachments

• 7FC00CEB-0479-40FD-973E-1935AFB02799.jpeg
    7FC00CEB-0479-40FD-973E-1935AFB02799.jpeg
    282.6 KB · Views: 30
  • DCABC4DC-5186-4F0B-8DA5-F5FD24D12E38.jpeg
    DCABC4DC-5186-4F0B-8DA5-F5FD24D12E38.jpeg
    42.1 KB · Views: 31
They make up a large portion of what is left of my lifetime supply inventory. I bought most of mine back in the 80's and maybe early 90's. I love it when I open a fresh brick and find that I had put the receipt inside. Most were $9.99 per 1000 but I have found some that I was gouged on with the receipt showing I paid $14.99 per 1000. I have loaded and fired unknown thousands of rounds and never had a primer issue with either Winchester or CCI.