Woman shot in the butt after entering MRI machine with loaded gun

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cholo

Staff member
I found this hard to believe so I checked several sources. It seems to be true! This is next level stupid! But, wait, there's more! In Jan. a guy in Brazil was shot and killed while entering an MRI with a gun tucked in his waistband.

For those kind of people it was just meant to be.

edm1

Single-Sixer
The article will not open on my phone. What caused the weapon to fire? I know MRI machines and metal do not go together, but what caused the firing pin to hit the primer?

eveled

Hawkeye
The article will not open on my phone. What caused the weapon to fire? I know MRI machines and metal do not go together, but what caused the firing pin to hit the primer?

IMG_5922.jpeg

I was scared going into mine that I might have shrapnel in me somewhere that I didn't know about. Especially my eyes.

No way I would have brought a gun in.
I usually get an x-ray to check for metal in the eyes before a MRI, getting my sore shoulder done again
Sunday at 7:30 AM, they like to keep those expensive machines earning their money!

Many years ago I used to service medical equipment. There was a service technician that had a 22 inch Kennedy toolbox get sucked into a MRI machine at one of the hospitals I used to work for. I had a 15 inch adjustable wrench take off into a MRI machine once. It made a heck of a noise as it smashed into the magnet housing....

Oh man i went for an X ray today and remembered i had 2 shotgun primers in my pocket for my muzzle loader and the thought what would happen if i forgot them but i always empty my pockets the last 2 MRIs i had they make you go thru a body scan for metal first
Gramps

years ago the VA wanted to do an MRI on my father... they decided not to after doing an X-ray of his head and discovering a hunk of shrapnel about the size of a quarter in there... I saw the X-ray quite impressive... he remembered getting blown off the tank he was riding on and his head bleeding a little.... them Marines were tough back then.

v35

Bearcat
She should have been carrying a Glock 7. You know, the one made entirely out of porcelain and costs more than you make in a month?