WWII BB machine Gun trainer

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Snake45

Patriot, Mentor, Friend ~ RIP
Very Most Way Cool!

Did you know that for about $200, you can have your very own full-auto CO2/BB MP40, M1A1 Thompson, or M3 Grease Gun? I have all three and they are an absolute BLAST!

1681175836798.jpeg

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
During World War II some of the pellets were coated with a phosphurous coating. An untraviolet light was shined (shone?) downrange and those coated pellets showed up to resemble tracers being fired.

Bob Wright

Neat item and a bit of history. I remember an arcade in a small local amusement park about 50 years ago that had a game where you shot down German and Japanese WW2 planes. It's long gone and I wonder what happened to that particular game. If I remember correctly it took nickels so for a dollar you could have a blast! Of course I was making $1.50 an hour and thought that I was living large! An Italian sausage sandwich was $.75 and about 4 of those along with the games and rides made for a great day...

bookemdano

Single-Sixer
In 67 when I was in Basic and AIT at Benning, we practiced eyes open instinct shooting
at copper coins twice the size of a Silver Dollar thrown by the DI. I got pretty good
at it. Some never did catch on to instinct shooting. Wasn't much different than
shooting squirrels on the run in the trees with a .22 rifle for some of us. This was
done with a pump action Daisy BB gun.
Dano

Snake45

Thanks for the info. I got an M1A1 Thompson and I'm very impressed!
Glad to have been of help. ;) Did you get it from Pyramyd? I've "sold" so many airguns for them that I ought to be getting a commission. :LOL:

Truth to tell, the M1A1 is my LEAST favorite of my FA CO2s. The rate of fire is too fast for my liking, the mag only holds 30, and the overall ergonomics don't agree with me. I STILL love it and don't regret buying it. My favorite is the M3 Grease Gun. Its rate of fire is more moderate, and its mag holds 60 BBs. I'm thinking seriously of getting a second one as backup, because I don't feel good about the future of Taiwan (where they're made). :confused:

Reactions: g5m

g5m

Blackhawk
Neat item and a bit of history. I remember an arcade in a small local amusement park about 50 years ago that had a game where you shot down German and Japanese WW2 planes. It's long gone and I wonder what happened to that particular game. If I remember correctly it took nickels so for a dollar you could have a blast! Of course I was making $1.50 an hour and thought that I was living large! An Italian sausage sandwich was $.75 and about 4 of those along with the games and rides made for a great day...
There was one of those machines at the local airport. Loved playing that game. These BB guns look like fun.

Last edited:

Rich/WIS

Bearcat
Back in the late 50's and early 60's the local amusement part had a shooting gallery that had BB machine guns. Lots of fun trying to cut out the circles and stars on the paper targets. The guns looked a lot like a Thompson and were powered by an air compressor.

Snake45

Back in the late 50's and early 60's the local amusement part had a shooting gallery that had BB machine guns. Lots of fun trying to cut out the circles and stars on the paper targets. The guns looked a lot like a Thompson and were powered by an air compressor.
Yah, I spent many, MANY quarters on those things as a kid. I think the last time I saw one was on the boardwalk at a beach in the '90s or early 2000s.

Hankus

Blackhawk
I remember those from the early to mid 70s… I can't remember where, though. A local county fair maybe?

g5m

Blackhawk
The one I played with was early to mid '50's. Then it was gone.

Btw, is there any other option for the grease Gun magazines? $50 seems steep, but then I've never seen one or what goes into making them.

Snake45

Btw, is there any other option for the grease Gun magazines? $50 seems steep, but then I've never seen one or what goes into making them.
In these guns, the magazine contains the gas valve and is thus pretty much the heart and guts of the whole thing. That's why they're so expensive.

But here's a pleasant surprise: The mags take two CO2 cartridges but the guns run just fine on one. (Load an empty one in first.) Power and functioning are exactly the same, just for half as many shots. All three of my CO2 sub-guns get @ 100 shots on one CO2 cartridge. ;)