Another one

Help Support Ruger Forum:

HW11

Single-Sixer
I picked it up yesterday and I did another 150 or so today. I think I'm going to like it.
20240427_144103.jpg

HW11

Single-Sixer
I bought it from the dealer in Roanoke VA. This was the first time that I had ever purchased anything from them. I was very pleased with my buying experience. Everybody there was super nice, very good to deal with. I met one of the owners. We talked guns for 30 minutes or more. He seemed like a really nice, down to earth man. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again.

Nice motorcycle! I'd love to have one but the way people in Dallas drive it would be a death sentence.

I can't drive my daughter to school in the morning without seeing at least one car run a red light.

You really don't see motorcycles here driving around at all. Very rare.

Enjoy!

Is that "150" miles or miles per hour?
I doubt one can push one of those barn doors down the road at 150 mph. I never had a Harley that would go faster than 125 or so. Now my CBR 1100XX? Well, the speedo said I was doing 195, but it was 10% optimistic. [Disclosure: I did that on a straight-as-a-string 4 mile stretch of ranch road in Central Texas.]

I keep contemplating a Kawasaki Concourse for a next bike. 180mph Cruise Missile that's comfortable enough to ride cross country!
My riding days are over. Fused vertebrae in my lower back and my old age make for a dangerous combination on two wheelers (even bicycles).

Over the years I've owned 10 motorcycles. Enjoyed every one of them, and each served a special purpose. Today I just recall the memories. Best two: (1) A 4,600 miles in 6 days cross country ride from DFW to Four Corners area with my two sons (in 2003 on the Blackbird and my new Goldwing. (2) And a 1,350 miles-in-24-hours Iron Butt ride with my son (in 2000 with me on a new Road King and my son on a Suzuki Bandit 1200 cc). And then there were the twice-a-month trips from DFW to ride the Holy Trinity (aka Three Twisted Sisters) starting in Medina, TX, through Vanderpool and Leakey, and ending in Camp Wood, TX. Ranch Roads 335, 336 and 337.

Last edited:

RC44Mag

Buckeye
I keep contemplating a Kawasaki Concourse for a next bike. 180mph Cruise Missile that's comfortable enough to ride cross country!
Cruise missile. At first I liked the phrase but thought about it for a couple seconds. Cruise missiles are made to hit stuff while going very fast!

Back in the 80's I was forced to drop my CB1100F doing 70 when a car pulled out on front of me making a turn, like I wasn't even there, a common problem with cage drivers. Fractured my left arm when going down to pavement but rode out the hot slide pretty well. My full face helmet was badly scarred but it certainly saved my life. Bike was surprisingly not too badly damaged either. Couple hundred dollars and working in my driveway and back on the road, cast and all after a couple weeks.

My riding days are over. Fused vertebrae in my lower back and my old age make for a dangerous combination on two wheelers (even bicycles).

Over the years I've owned 10 motorcycles. Enjoyed every one of them, and each served a special purpose. Today I just recall the memories. Best two: (1) A 4,600 miles in 6 days cross country ride from DFW to Four Corners area with my two sons (in 2003 on the Blackbird and my new Goldwing. (2) And a 1,350 miles-in-24-hours Iron Butt ride with my son (in 2000 with me on a new Road King and my son on a Suzuki Bandit 1200 cc). And then there were the twice-a-month trips from DFW to ride the Holy Trinity (aka Three Twisted Sisters) starting in Medina, TX, through Vanderpool and Leakey, and ending in Camp Wood, TX. Ranch Roads 335, 336 and 337.
I've had rods from my pelvis to L3 for 20 years. I'll have some dignity though and get a sidecar instead of one of those Mobility Scooters. That way I can ride around with a dog and be the cool old guy with a dog instead of the old Gimp on a Mobility Scooter.

Cruise missile. At first I liked the phrase but thought about it for a couple seconds. Cruise missiles are made to hit stuff while going very fast!

Back in the 80's I was forced to drop my CB1100F doing 70 when a car pulled out on front of me making a turn, like I wasn't even there, a common problem with cage drivers. Fractured my left arm when going down to pavement but rode out the hot slide pretty well. My full face helmet was badly scarred but it certainly saved my life. Bike was surprisingly not too badly damaged either. Couple hundred dollars and working in my driveway and back on the road, cast and all after a couple weeks.
Yeah I hate it when that happens. I'm definitely getting too old for that stuff. My armored mesh jacket has spared me much discomfort these last few years.

I'm still hoping to make an Iron Butt run on my KLR.
There are several options. I chose the 1k/1 day option. Had to keep meticulous records: start time signed/witnessed by a fire department person, copy of each gas purchase receipt (showing day and time of day), witnessed turn-around location, and witnessed finish line. Writing it up and submitting it was like publishing a novel. Still, it's been a great memory for my son and me. He got hooked on long-distance riding. While stationed in Germany in 2004, he rode his Aprilia Tuono (naked liter bike) to (a) Venice, Italy, and (b) the Spanish Riviera. He called me long distance each time - made me jealous and wishing I could re-enlist. But....

There are several options. I chose the 1k/1 day option. Had to keep meticulous records: start time signed/witnessed by a fire department person, copy of each gas purchase receipt (showing day and time of day), witnessed turn-around location, and witnessed finish line. Writing it up and submitting it was like publishing a novel. Still, it's been a great memory for my son and me. He got hooked on long-distance riding. While stationed in Germany in 2004, he rode his Aprilia Tuono (naked liter bike) to (a) Venice, Italy, and (b) the Spanish Riviera. He called me long distance each time - made me jealous and wishing I could re-enlist. But....
My goal is to finish at the Iron Butt Societies setup at Daytona or Sturgis.

Bad Barlow

Blackhawk
I've had rods from my pelvis to L3 for 20 years. I'll have some dignity though and get a sidecar instead of one of those Mobility Scooters. That way I can ride around with a dog and be the cool old guy with a dog instead of the old Gimp on a Mobility Scooter.
Just promise you won't get a Can Am! They will never be cool.