Baltimore bridge collapses after ship strike

Help Support Ruger Forum:

outlaw_dogboy

Single-Sixer

dannyd

Hunter
Almost like they were expecting this, and had a plan ready to go?
I hope they had a plan because it is a main port and things do happen.

I would not want my ship stuck in there, unless the Two O'clock Club was still open, then I could be stuck there for a long time. ;)

hittman

Staff member
Be prepared that the new bridge will have to get a new name too.

No way on Gods green earth politicians will show up to re-open it still named after a guy who wrote that racist oppressive song.
Yep ….. I called it

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
FBI has opened a criminal investigation. Maybe something to it or maybe just covering all the bases.

The FBI is conducting a criminal investigation into the deadly collapse of Baltimore's Francis Scott Key Bridge that is focused on the circumstances leading up to it and whether all federal laws were followed, according to a person familiar with the matter.

The person was not authorized to discuss details of the investigation publicly and spoke on the condition of anonymity to The Associated Press.

The FBI was present aboard the cargo ship Dali conducting court authorized law enforcement activity, the agency said in a statement Monday.

The investigation was first reported by The Washington Post.

And on Monday, Baltimore Mayor Brandon Scott announced a partnership with two law firms to "launch legal action to hold the wrongdoers responsible" and mitigate harm to city residents.

The container ship Dali left Baltimore's port in the early hours of March 26, laden with cargo and headed for Sri Lanka, when it struck one of the bridge's supporting columns, causing the span to collapse into the Patapsco River and sending six members of a roadwork crew plunging to their deaths.

Divers have recovered three bodies from the underwater wreckage, while the remaining three victims are still unaccounted for.

JackBull

Buckeye
Proof positive ….. damned if you do and damned if you don't!
If it stayed closed, there'd be outrage.
If it gets opened quickly there's a conspiracy. SMH
Don't forget we are talking about Biden here. The man and his party is allowing the criminal trial of a former POTUS on false charges. This man and his party will do anything to win. The events leading up to November will shake the country.

Last edited:

XUSNORDIE

Single-Sixer
Stuck around after work to watch the charges go off......meh.... I was expecting a bit more. They placed warnings all over the area and advised anyone within 2000 yards to remain inside and if outside wear hearing protection....LOL......a little flash, a little smoke and a little teeny tiny boom....thats all.....and I was very much so within 2000 yds lol...I was a parking lot away.

I miss the BOOMS we made in the Navy....IYAOYAS!!!!!

It was a little disappointing but it got the big pieces off. I noticed that an entire four lane section of the asphalt roadway was laying across the bow. Supposedly that will be removed after it is moved.

Latest posts