Favorite................

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
O.K. We've had favorite singers etc. Now, how about the most villainous villain, confining it only in western movies?

Examples: Bruce Dern in The Cowboys or Richard Boone in Big Jake.

Let 'em fly!

Bob Wright

Bruce Dern also tops my list followed by Jack Elam.
Was listening to an interview with Bruce Dern and he said that when he was approached to work with John Wayne in The Cowboys he was thrilled, then he was told he had to shoot Wayne...in the back. He said he figured he would never get another job.

caryc

Hawkeye
Although he did portray a villain I don't know how bad he was. But I loved the episode of "Big Valley" when Bruce Dern and his idiot buddy kidnapped Victoria and Audra at a way station and tried so hard to open that safe.

ProfessorWes

Hunter
Eli "Tuco" Wallach. "If you're gonna shoot, shoot don't talk."

For a more modern Western villain: Alan Rickman in Quigley Down Under. Because Rickman was always so good when he was the bad guy, and not just in Westerns. :mrgreen:

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
An oldie but a goody.

Alfonso Bedoya as Gold Hat : Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges.

paboxcall

Bearcat
Richard Boone as Fain, but Goodfellow with the machete was a close second. Favorite John Wayne movie.

LDM

Blackhawk
Fox Mike said:
Then there was Gene Hackman in The Unforgiven. He did a great job of being a 'badie'.

Also for his work in "The Quick and the Dead."