Has anyone noticed?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

caryc

Hawkeye
gasbag said:
The idea that some folks watch TV baffles me.
The additional thought that they actually pay attention to the
commercials; well, we are getting into Twilight Zone material there.

Some of it can be entertaining. I guess you think that everyone that has a TV automatically watches the stupidest shows meant for morons.

Paul B

Hunter
We dropped cable and regular TV at least six or more years ago. Since my wife passed the only thing the TV is good for is watch one of the movies in our fairly extensive collection. I/we didn't buy new movies but went around looking for second hand movies. Swap meets and pawn shops are a good source. Most regular movies run for one to two dollars; Blu-ray five dollars. I one is bad they replace it with another one, no charge. Sometimes yard sale are good but no recourse if the movie is damaged. There is no commercial TV being watched in my house.
Paul B.

don44

Hunter
There sure are a lot of black people on these commercials now days! Makes a person wonder why.

Snake45

Patriot, Mentor, Friend ~ RIP
radicalrod said:
Well the only thing I have noticed is every family is now multi racial.....
but then Archie Bunker was a hero to me :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Yes, and in some of the strangest combinations ever seen. :shock: :shock:

White people are getting harder to find in commercials.

If there are no white people in a commercial, I figure that product's not meant for me.

BTW, I actually see very few TV commercials. I watch almost everything recorded, never live, and FF through the commercials.

If I do have to watch a live show, during its commercials, I watch 3 or 4 minutes of a previously recorded program.

Beyond the stupid commercials what I find amazing is; every time something is brought up concerning TVs in some manner, there are comments from individuals that don't watch/have TVs that always have some comment. How is it possible to comment on TV programing or commercials if you can't or don't watch what is being spoken about?

tracker 6

Bearcat
Colonialgirl said:
I watch some of the English Programs and one from Canada (Murdock, the Defective in 20/30's Toronto).
Murdoch is exellent , nothing defective about him .LOL Also the show is set at the turn of the century.The Canadian point of view on the events of that time are very interesting .

hittman

Staff member
Actually the term "TV" is what's outdated. One can watch a variety of "TV" programs on many different products .....computer, iPad, phone, etc.

The web site USTVGO.TV is a prime example. I watch "TV" frequently from my iPad and internet connection.

USTVGO channels list

1.ABC
2.AE
3.AMC
4.Animal
5.BBCAmerica
6.Big Ten Network
7.BET
8.Boomerang
9.Bravo
10.C-SPAN
11.CBS
12.CBS Sports Network
13.Cinemax
14.CMT
15.Cartoon Network
16.CNBC
17.CNN
18.Comedy
19.CW
20.Destination America
21.Discovery
22.Disney
23.DisneyJr
24.DisneyXD
25.Do it yourself ( DIY )
26.E!
27.ESPN
28.ESPN2
29.ESPNU
30.ESPNews
31.FoodNetwork
32.FOX
33.FoxBusiness
34.FoxNews
35.Freeform
36.Fox Sports 1 (FS1)
37.Fox Sports 2 (FS2)
38.FX
39.FX Movie Channel
40.FXX
41.Golf Channel
42.Game Show Network
43.Hallmark Channel
44.HBO
45.HGTV
46.History
47.HLN
48.Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
49.Investigation Discovery
50.Lifetime
51.Lifetime Movie Network
52.MLB Network
53.Motor Trend
54.MSNBC
55.MTV
56.National Geographic
57.Nat Geo Wild
58.NBA TV
59.NBC
60.NBC Sports ( NBCSN )
61.NFL Network
62.NFL RedZone
63.Nickelodeon
64.Nicktoons
65.One America News Network
66.Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN)
67.Olympic Channel
68.Oxygen
69.Paramount
70.PBS
71.POP
72.Science
73.SEC Network
74.Showtime
75.StarZ
76.SundanceTV
77.SYFY
78.TBS
79.Turner Classic Movies (TCM)
80.Telemundo
81.Tennis Channel
82.TLC
83.TNT
84.Travel Channel
85.truTV
86.TV Land
87.The Weather Channel
88.Univision
89.USA Network
90.VH1
91.We TV
92.WWE Network
93.YES Network

The reality is just about all of us have been 'assimilated'. I believe in this case 'The Borg' is actually an entity created from the collection of our own different factions... it is so large we can't see that it surrounds us. It feeds and thus grows from the energy we create from our fear of change and uses all the different factions we've created to make this energy... religion, sports & politics.

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
tracker 6 said:
Colonialgirl said:
I watch some of the English Programs and one from Canada (Murdock, the Defective in 20/30's Toronto).
Murdoch is exellent , nothing defective about him .LOL Also the show is set at the turn of the century.The Canadian point of view on the events of that time are very interesting .

Yeah, my fingers sometimes do their own thing in spelling no matter what my brain is thinking.

i DO enjoy that program !!

graygun

Hunter
I'm jus a ole,dum,raysis,y-guy. I likes them adz. :roll: :lol:

They make money and push the destruction processes.

Shamus2022

Single-Sixer
I mostly watch Euro crime and mystery just to get a handle on current culture. I was stationed in Germany and traveled to every country but that was 60 years ago. My favorite background fact lately is that in Iceland the police are issued sidearms BUT, they have to keep them locked in the trunk of their cars IN A GUN SAFE and "if needed" they have to call dispatch and get the code to unlock said safe. As a retired LEO I can say we certainly carried more than used but, .....seriously? Old British and American sci-fi... only way to go.

caryc

Hawkeye
Beyond the stupid commercials what I find amazing is; every time something is brought up concerning TVs in some manner, there are comments from individuals that don't watch/have TVs that always have some comment. How is it possible to comment on TV programing or commercials if you can't or don't watch what is being spoken about?
They just love that feeling of superiority.

caryc

Hawkeye
Nothing new. When I was young all the situation comedies had idiots for fathers and usually the wives were hot.
Now you have to have a good stomach to watch looking up peoples nostrils for cold medicine, cover your kids eyes when the ads for blue pills come on, they HAVE to condition the young people that mixed race couples is groovy. Got to show gay couples are hep and acceptable. If the main actor does have a job it's a office job or a cop. No "hero" drives a garbage truck or is a roofer. Dont apply to act a part unless your undernourished and built like a snake. I hate "canned laughter". There used to be a old sunday newspaper cartoon called "The Dim Viewer". Some old fat grump like me always grouseing about what's on tv. I hate ads and popups on the computer too. However we wouldn't have free tv shows and computer sites without them.
Talk about idiots...Remember Ozzie Nelson? He didn't have a job and I never figured out what he was supposed to be retired from, if indeed he was retired. He seemed to be in a continual state of flummoxed. But, I still enjoyed the show.

Well this is an old thread, but hitttman is correct. The term TV is outdated. We cut the cable years ago, and stream movie channels. Besides the normal movie only channels, like Starz, Showtime, HBO and Netflix, we also get Paramount (CBS) and Peacock (NBC). Both of which have live tv options if I would ever want to watch them. (I don't.) Well, I take that back. We did watch the Superbowl in February. And we always watch the New Year's Eve live television programing.

The only commercials I watch are on Youtube, and then they only last a couple seconds.

All in all, with all the channels we subscribe to, it comes out to be about the same cost as cable, however the zero commercial aspect makes up for it big time.

Ride1949

Hunter
16697633446025588346727578186763.jpg