Hell, I Was There book by Elmer Keith?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

41Dude

Single-Sixer
I have a well-worn copy for myself I was lucky to find at a reasonable price. Started searching for a copy for my Grandson.
What the heck????? Prices are insane. $150.00+++ wherever I look.
Did I miss some sort of anniversary or special event that would skyrocket prices like that?

contender

Ruger Guru
g5m has it correct.

Fewer of that book published,, and higher demand.

I'm just glad that many years ago,, as my meager funds wouldn't allow me to buy both "Sixguns" and "Hell, I was there" I chose "Hell, I was there."
You want to look at Keith books an prices,, look at "Safari" and you'll see higher prices.

BULL'S-EYE

Buckeye
It's an entertaining reading experience. I bought my first long lost copy back in the mid 80's...and, a replacement copy at a library sale of donated books they didn't want for $5 around 10 years ago. 😉👍

protoolman

Service-Sixer
My copy has a nice letter to my aunt and he autographed it. They were teenage sweethearts near Winston Mt and he mentions her family in the book. Check Keith, An Autobiography. It's substantially the same book maybe cheaper on e bay?

mike454

Single-Sixer
I got my copy from the outdoor life book of the month club back in the 80's. Was going to mention that Keith, An Autobiography was pretty much the same book but was beaten to it.

Look at gold on E-bay, SELLING for over double spot in some cases. Silver too. How about thousands of dollars for a Beauty and The Beast VHS tape? Hundreds of dollars for a specific Eagles karaoke disc? The Keith book sells for anywhere between $70.oo and $699.oo Suckers born every minute.

Johnnu2

Hunter
I don't read much......
Probably wouldn't buy a book unless I couldn't find what I needed on the "net".
Besides, most of my stuff is just gonna get tossed out when I'm gone...
J.

Alabama, in the bend of the Tennessee River
My wife bought me a copy in about 1981 or 82, I loaned it to a friend who then left town in the middle of the night and I never saw him or my Elmer Keith book again. I replaced it a few years ago. I also have a copy of Sixguns and will re-read them time to time. Right now I'm ready several Jack O'Conner books I bought recently (he and Keith certainly did NOT see eye-to-eye on a lot of things). I got 4 O'Conner books plus a Russell Annabell book for less than the going price for a copy of Hell I Was There.

Latest posts