destruction of trees, and plastic bags were the solution

~ When I was a kid, I didn't need an elf on the shelf to remind me to
be good at Christmas. - - - There was a BELT on the shelf to remind
me to be good all year.

:wink:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
If I may join in:

~I'm so old, I remember when everybody went to church on Sunday and the stores were closed.

~I'm so old, I remember children walking to school.

~I'm so old, I remember when housewives stayed home and the men worked.

~I'm so old, I remember when people stood for the playing of the National Anthem. And remained quiet.

~ I'm so old, I remember when people dressed neatly and modestly when going out in public.

~ I'm so old, I remember sitting up with the dead.

~ I'm so old I remember when profanity and obscenity was banned from movies, TV, and radio.

~ I'm so old I remember there was no question about which bathroom one used.

Bob Wright

Snake45

Patriot, Mentor, Friend ~ RIP
I'm so old I remember when you bought gas, a kid came out in the cold or rain or sweltering heat and pumped it for you while you sat in your car.

In fact, I'm so old, I remember BEING that kid. :shock: :wink:

I'm so old I remember ice boxes.

I'm so old I remember cars with running boards.

I am so old I remember when you had to special order a radio for your car...and it was only AM.

I am so old I remember when hitch-hiking was just another way to get somewhere safely.

I am so old I remember that the way to stay cool in a car was to open the cowl vent and turn the wing windows around.

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
To all that have added to the thread:

ROTFL.gif

GOOD ONES!

Snake45

I'm so old I can remember when you could walk down any street and see most people's eyes.

I'm so old I can remember when you were having a conversation with someone and it wasn't at their house or office, it would never be interrupted by a phone call.

When I tell younger people I work with my dad used to give me fifty cents to get him a pack of cigarettes from the machine on the corner it's almost like I'm not even speaking a language they understand.

nvbirdman

Blackhawk
I'm so old I took my daughter on a vacation trip last week and had to explain to her what a Burmashave sign was.

Well, I'm not THAT old but we didn't have running water or inside plumbing until I was a teenager, people were still using 4 legged horsepower on a few farms, the telephone had a crank, and most roads were dirt.

Snake45

Captain America said:
When I tell younger people I work with my dad used to give me fifty cents to get him a pack of cigarettes from the machine on the corner it's almost like I'm not even speaking a language they understand.
I can remember when they were 35 cents in the machine--and even cheaper at a store.

And I remember cigarette ads on TV. :shock:

Then there were party lines. Ours was two rings.

How about calling the operator and asking for a long distance line.

Remember: "Good Evening Mr and Mrs north and south America and all the ships at sea. Let's go to press."

I can remember when the prefix to our phone number was a word:

Windsor 6-2820

And when they lined us up at elementary school to give us a sugar cube with the Polio vaccine on it. First sugar cube I ever saw.

And going to the Gambles hardware store with Dad, carrying a small paper sack full of tubes from our TV, to test them.

I ain't as old as some of you guys.

I'm so old I remember milking cows by hand. Of course that was only when the machine broke down. But more than a few times men at the dairy would bring their older (like 6 or 7) kids into help milk. Now there are some here who are thinking couldn't they just do it later when the machine was fixed. Well, how'd you like to be a cow with her udder painfully swollen while you waited.

hpman66

Hunter
I'm so old that I remember walking home after school, stop at the soda fountain at the drug store, get a pop/bag of potato chips/Hersey Bar(for later), give them a fifty cent piece and get 20 cents change back.

graygun

Hunter
That I remember:

My brother and I wearing Davy Crockett tee shirts

most cars had manual chokes,stick shift and 6-volt batteries

double-clutching

vacuum wipers

penny candy

5 cent Cokes

Latest posts