Is there a new 9mm Ruger carbine

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mac66

Single-Sixer
22/45 Fan said:
9x19 said:
IUsing 10/22 trigger components on this new PC is the smartest design feature on the entire gun, IMO... the interchangeable mag well adapters is second.
I wonder if it is a true 10/22 trigger group. I also wonder if they retained the awkward two-handed bolt release of the 10/22 and the identical safety design.

If it is a 10/22 trigger group the possibilities are there for improving the trigger pull, modifying or replacing the bolt hold-open with an "automatic" version and substituting a left-handed safety.

It says it uses 80% of the 10/22 trigger components. It looks like in the photos that that is does have a similar bolt hold open lever as the 10/22 but in the Gunblast review video on youtube he released the bolt without having to hold that lever. So it appears that it has an auto bolt release. It does use the same push button safety.

wizofwas

Buckeye
CMH said:
9mm ...... Id seriously consider one in 45acp but 9mm has never been interesting to me.
This ^^^^^
Heck I'll buy one if it takes the 1911 mag. And then hope that I can get a wood stock for it, if I want. (Wood is good.) Even if it is an after market one.

wry762

Bearcat
Does anyone think there'll be a stainless version coming out after a while? :)

Rei40c

Blackhawk
wry762 said:
Does anyone think there'll be a stainless version coming out after a while? :)

I doubt it however there's a range shop that offers a cerakoting service just down the road. This would be a good candidate for that if I could think up a pattern that wouldn't be tacky. The only thing I'm not sure of is how well cerakote holds up on plastic as opposed to metal.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
jkh004 said:
I'll hold out until I can get one in stainless in 357 SIG and take SIG mags. FDE would be nice also.
Plan on waiting quite a while. Sig magazines are expensive and the .357 Sig is now a specialty round used by very few shooters and few departments. The only Sig magazine I can see someone making an adapter for are the 320 mags now that it's the new military handgun.

This gun had to use Ruger magazines obviously but the choice of Glock magazines as an option is truly a good move. Glock magazines are low cost, widely popular, available everywhere and and come in a really high capacity (32 round) version that speed shooters love.

djw54

Single-Sixer
butcherboy1985 said:
So has anyone seen one In stores? Or is there an official street date?

Also has there been a recall issued yet?

One dealer had a pair on gunbroker earlier at $530 each. Gone now.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
FergusonTO35 said:
This is the first Ruger product I've been excited about for a long time, hopefully I will be able to get one around April.

Same, I don't usually get that excited about new firearms nowadays but this one has me like a kid on Christmas morning. As far as availability, if the past is any judge for me. It will be at least 6 months before I'm able to get my hands on one for a price below MSRP.

I won't buy anything that's marked over simply because dealers or private sellers are trying to take advantage of the fact they will be difficult to find at first. Personally I'll be a buyer at $600 or below.

Rei40c said:
FergusonTO35 said:
This is the first Ruger product I've been excited about for a long time, hopefully I will be able to get one around April.

Same, I don't usually get that excited about new firearms nowadays but this one has me like a kid on Christmas morning. As far as availability, if the past is any judge for me. It will be at least 6 months before I'm able to get my hands on one for a price below MSRP.

I won't buy anything that's marked over simply because dealers or private sellers are trying to take advantage of the fact they will be difficult to find at first. Personally I'll be a buyer at $600 or below.

For sure. Will also allow time for some performance/reliability reports to come in.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Rei40c

Blackhawk
Ale-8(1) said:
For sure. Will also allow time for some performance/reliability reports to come in.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yes there's that also which will be a plus. I'm really hoping there's no show stoppers with this one but it seems there's always adjustments made with just about anything they produce. I've noticed the problems that usually arise seem to be related to the mechanical safety.

Being as this is a cross bolt safety and it's very difficult to mess one of those up. I don't expect there will be any problems. At least not in that department.

collectormzornes

Blackhawk
Is it just me or does this look like it will be a platform for a multi-cal gun with the takedown barrel and mag well swap. I look for Ruger to sale barrel and mag well sets in different calibers at a later date. Might be why it is called the PC Carbine instead of PC-9. Carbine meaning non dedicated receiver could be 45, 10mm, 9mm and or others just my opinion from a brief look over will be neat to see how it moves forward and is accepted in the market place.

contender

Ruger Guru
As noted, there is a lot of interest these days in "Pistol Caliber Carbines." In USPSA,, we now have a provisional category called that. It will most likely be adopted as a regular category. In this competition game,,, the most often used model of firearm is an AR-15 style,,, BUT,,,,,, BUT,,,,,, Glock magazines are used. Glock magazines abound & are (mostly) cheaper to buy several. Especially when you consider the extended ones,,, with a 30 round capacity.
Ruger is just looking at the market,, and what folks want,,,! Glock magazines combined with the popular use of Glock handguns is driving a lot of the market,,, not just Ruger.

I agree... I don't think its conversion features have anything to do with the 'other' gun brands magazine cost but more to do with how many of those guns are out there.... and the point being that once you have a gun and rifle that not only shoot the same caliber but also take the same magazines.. how many mags do you really need? If three or four don't get you through a competition or out of harms way... then it's time to put your hands up.

As a side note... I've figured out how to convert Ruger 9mm P mags to work in a Sig P226 but the machining /punching to go the other way is just too hard to get right for me and they are too tight to drop.

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
collectormzornes said:
Is it just me or does this look like it will be a platform for a multi-cal gun with the takedown barrel and mag well swap. I look for Ruger to sale barrel and mag well sets in different calibers at a later date. Might be why it is called the PC Carbine instead of PC-9. Carbine meaning non dedicated receiver could be 45, 10mm, 9mm and or others just my opinion from a brief look over will be neat to see how it moves forward and is accepted in the market place.

That was my thought as well. You could also change the dead-weight ingot that sits behind the bolt to accommodate different ammo.

PCCbolt.jpeg