I've just got to tell somebody...............

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
I talk to my daughters every Friday, the one in Texas and the one in Ohio. And they tell me things I didn't know as things happened while I was at work. Just recently one revealed this:

"Mama always freshened up her make-up and had dinner on the table just as you got home."

She loved me enough to do that.

Bob Wright

SamV

Buckeye
What a lovely thing to hear from your daughters. I am sure that you felt special. Definitely something else to be grateful for in your life.

contender

Ruger Guru
Bob,, it's always been very obvious that you & your family have lived a good life. It's reflected in all the little things that y'all would do for or with each other. To hear this,, didn't surprise me at all.
But these little things can be the most endearing & special.

Thanks for sharing.

wproct

Single-Sixer
Bob's post really registered with me. I'm 78 years old and it's funny how you can still see mental images of something that happened 40 some years ago. I can still remember one time my wife and I were both working and we decided to just meet at home for lunch. I can remember looking at her as we were eating and was just blown away at how pretty she was and can remember exactly what she was wearing and what her hair style was. I'm also pretty certain that I said nothing to her about it at the time. I have told her about this memory several times years later. When we are young we can be in a rush and not take time to enjoy the moment and say things when you should. Just me rambling on but that is exactly what Bob's post makes me think of.

Last edited:
The living corpse of San Francisco Ca USA
My wife does that. She knows that I love her just as much au natural but she likes to look her best for me...
Or maybe it's endemic to the species:
Many years ago, when dinosaurs still walked the earth, I dated a lovely ER doc. Whip smart, interesting and fun to be with. After some time we went our separate ways...one day a year or so later I saw her walking on West Portal Ave in San Francisco. I was on the Harley, so I gave her a wave. She motioned me over and said, "Meet me at the restaurant up the street!" and dismissed the 10 or 12 med students she had in tow.
As we met at the restaurant she told to have a seat, order drinks and she'd be right back.
I waited and waited and waited...
When she came out of the ladies room she looked absolutely stunning. When I told her so, she smiled and said "You don't look so bad yourself"...

Latest posts