Life long question?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

KWend54

Single-Sixer
Growing up in The 70's with a rock and roll influence I look back now asking several questions that I'm sure those in my age also ponder. Not new questions, for me, but questions that have been lifelong. I have much respect for the knowledge, both learned and life lessons, of our astute membership, so maybe they can settle this for me.
Was "Crackling Rosie" a hooker since she was a store bought woman? And why "Crackling"? And why would a chair have the ability to hear "I am"?
Important life questions?

contender

Ruger Guru
I too grew up with a heavy music influence from the 50's through the 70's. Neil Diamond was one of my favorite artists.

Many, many songs have lyrics that are confusing, or are a mystery to the masses. Only the writer knows the true history behind many of the strange stuff we have heard.

But I do believe Crackling Rosie was about a wine.

Rock and Roll? Wasn't Neil Diamond about as cool as Barry Manilow? My mom had quite a few of his 8 tracks.
Early Neil Diamond such as Solitary Man, Kentucky Woman and Girl you'll be a woman are classic 60's ..If you know what I mean is underrated....I'll even take the duet of You Don't Bring me flowers

Ride1949

Hunter
what happens if the "hokie-pokie" was NOT what it was all about?

16807304203775161319288523453270.jpg

Rock and Roll? Wasn't Neil Diamond about as cool as Barry Manilow? My mom had quite a few of his 8 tracks.
I have a good one about music that was not appreciated by the captive audience that it was being played for....

I worked in a maximum security prison for many years and one of the lieutenants was Polish. When the convicts would act up he would play polka music over the loudspeaker system. He would announce "da muzikk" in his Buffalo Polish accent... "Dat was Little Wally an da HoopyShoopy!!! Dat was da Beer Barrel Polka by Frankie Yankovic"!!!

He would do it about once a month and the ghettoites would complain. It was hilarious.

JAYDAWG

Single-Sixer
Ok,
A bit of a reveal here.......
60 this year. :oops:

100+ concerts "back in the day"
KISS, AC/DC, Motley Crue, Van Halen, Twisted Sister, Scorpions, Bon Jovi, Hagar, Def Leppard, Quiet Riot.
I've seen them all.
THE LOUDEST was Neil Diamond, April 8th 1989 in Seattle.
No BS.
Decibel level was off the charts.
Maybe he figured all the audience was his age and deaf anyways!!

Rock on........

JaydaWg

I was not much of a concert goer.. but the loudest one I ever went to was here in Greenville at Furman University in an auditorium. Johnny Winter and Leon Russell .... two of the whitest guys on the planet it seems.. (if you look past Johnny's tattoos) half way through the concert with Johnny Winter two roadies carry this dead white guy wearing Raybans out and sit him behind a piano... I mean white as a brand new cotton sheet, he falls forward and his head hits the key boards and the roadies spend sometime waking the dude up... then he sits up looks around and realizes where he is and starts playing... took me a few years to realize it was just part of the show.