New Gun

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I was looking for a new gun, just got the itch. Was looking at 80-9 shot .22 lr /.22WMR, Well the Riger Single ( were out of reach $$$$, so was the Taurus Tracker.
I have a Rough Rider 6 OK. gun. I looked ar the Diamondbacks, you all talked me out of that, Looked at EAA, saw some crummy reviews. Anyway found this one and jumped on it. Let me know if hindsight is 20/20. In your opinion.

Harrington & Richardson 949 "Forty-Niner" 22LR Revolver. S/N: AD70118. H&R 949 .22 LR caliber 9 shot revolver in very good condition. 5.5' barrel with excellent bore. Single or double action. Loads thru western style loading gate on side of frame. Blue is very good, has some light handling marks. Includes Uncle Mike's "Sidekick" holster.
The download from the Guns International site won't replicate the pics. So this is generic. 949.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240327-124140.png
    Screenshot_20240327-124140.png
    48 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I was given a H&R 622 a few weeks back. Made in 1957. It's odd to me in that you have to remove the cylinder to reload- and it has an extractor star that is actuated by the base pin! But it seems to be well made and it shoots well. Yours is a more full- featured model. I would bet it's a nice shooter- mine is quite accurate. From what I've found online they seem to have quite a loyal following
IMG_8813.jpeg

AD dates your 949 to 1967. That means it was made in Worcester Massachusetts and has a firing pin on the hammer. Harrington and Richardson made a good solid reliable revolver. My 1st handgun was a 922 Bantam that I got for $10 and a case of cheap beer from a migrant farm worker over 50 years ago. It went poof with several other guns and boxes of tools stolen by my no good brother. A family friend had the Camper model that he carried in his truck. He never had a problem with it that I was aware of. They were not an expensive revolver and a lot of people depended on them for protection or farm use or running a trap line. I think you have a nice revolver and will be happy with it.
0830170057.jpg

Latest posts