Only In Texas

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I didn't say I understood it, only that is what the kids these days believe. It's certainly better than some of the "sports" drinks.
It's a fairly balanced mix of carbs ( sugar ) and some proteins, taken in by the body quickly and most people like
to drink it. It's got about 425-450 mg of potassium and some sodium, both useful if you've had substantial fluid loss.
Pretty common to find it as a choice at big event finish lines.
Been a few studies that show white skim milk as possibly the fastest method of re-hydration after extreme fluid loss.
Ok, it won't beat an IV.

It's a fairly balanced mix of carbs ( sugar ) and some proteins, taken in by the body quickly and most people like
to drink it. It's got about 425-450 mg of potassium and some sodium, both useful if you've had substantial fluid loss.
Pretty common to find it as a choice at big event finish lines.
Been a few studies that show white skim milk as possibly the fastest method of re-hydration after extreme fluid loss.
Ok, it won't beat an IV.
That is a perfect explanation, thank you.

Ride1949

Hunter
Not quite a native Central Oregon breed.
IMG_20180907_141116.jpg
IMG_20190621_112715.jpg

harley08

Blackhawk
I would be less surprised by Zebras in Texas than I was by the Camel we encountered in rural Ontario. The back roads between Kitchener and Bradford make it easy to make a wrong turn, but we always know that we are on the right road when we go past the Camel.

And then there is the time I was driving down Highway 68 close to Kentucky Lake when I noticed an Ostrich running down the highway ahead of me. I followed it for a time until it took a hard left and ran down the side of a fence row. About that time a pickup came roaring up beside me, stopped, and the driver sprang out in pursuit. I thought what the hell, he will probably need some help. The bird came to an intersection of two fences and became confused. The other guy tackled it, which was a pretty amazing feat, and I put my shirt over its head and secured its legs, somewhat, with a belt. He stayed with the bird while I retrieved his truck. We secured the escapee better, loaded her up and that was that. It was a female and I understand that they are a little smaller than the males which was a good thing. You just never know what the day will bring.
lol!

While down in Mexico on my father's relatives ranch, I got to milk and drink goat's milk. Not bad if you don't mind it warm.
I live in Tn, and used to have 4 milk goats. My wife could hand milk them faster than I could with a mechanical milker. We always had cold milk in the refrigerator. We got 2.5 gallons/day. It tasted pretty much like cows milk(the goats got grain, and free pasture/hay)We made a lot of Chèvre cheese. It kept better with the addition of garlic powder.
gramps

Ride1949

Hunter
The white one is an English Longhorn. It was purchased for a young man as a practice bull for rodeo bullriding.

ediogenes

Bearcat
Scattershooting …

Not far from here, in Camp Verde, TX, the US Army experimented with using camels as pack animals in the 1850s. There were successful expeditions across Texas and even to California using the camels. However, the mule lobby opposed the camels and petitioned Washington fiercely. With the secession of Texas, Confederate forces took possession abandoned and turned the animals loose. There were reported sightings on the Texas Hill Country for many years.

When I played Rugby the popular recovery drink was (o' course) beer. Copious amounts, with ibuprofen on the side.

And finally, tolerance of milk seems to be a characteristic of people originally from northern climes. A personal example: just about all my ancestors came from Scandinavia and northern Europe, and I tolerate and enjoy milk. My wife, who has southern European, Jewish, and Native American heritage, likes milk but avoids it due to adverse gastrointestinal reaction.

Y'all are makin' my aorta cow valve replacement kinda nervous.
I jokingly told my cardiologist I gave up pork after my aortic valve replacement because I felt it was cannibalistic to eat it now that I was part pig. She just laughed and laughed. Sadly she has retired and my new cardiologist doesn't seem to have much of a sense of humor.

Armybrat

Buckeye
I jokingly told my cardiologist I gave up pork after my aortic valve replacement because I felt it was cannibalistic to eat it now that I was part pig. She just laughed and laughed. Sadly she has retired and my new cardiologist doesn't seem to have much of a sense of humor.
Did the same with my cardiologist - told him about guilt feelings when I'm at a burger joint or steakhouse.
He was pretty amused.

g5m

Blackhawk
Scattershooting …

Not far from here, in Camp Verde, TX, the US Army experimented with using camels as pack animals in the 1850s. There were successful expeditions across Texas and even to California using the camels. However, the mule lobby opposed the camels and petitioned Washington fiercely. With the secession of Texas, Confederate forces took possession abandoned and turned the animals loose. There were reported sightings on the Texas Hill Country for many years.

When I played Rugby the popular recovery drink was (o' course) beer. Copious amounts, with ibuprofen on the side.

And finally, tolerance of milk seems to be a characteristic of people originally from northern climes. A personal example: just about all my ancestors came from Scandinavia and northern Europe, and I tolerate and enjoy milk. My wife, who has southern European, Jewish, and Native American heritage, likes milk but avoids it due to adverse gastrointestinal reaction.
Camels were released in Arizona during the War Between the States.

Latest posts