Product directions for use

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I bought some shoe polish on Amazon. But I'm returning the package because the directions for use are so poorly written.

As Blume has said here before, "I'm just being contrary." 😀

I know how to use shoe polish.

But I do question the quality of the product if they can't even write the directions properly.

It says and I quote: "Before use make a small area in the dark and use it normally after using it satisfactorily."

It would have only taken 30 seconds to have that sentence peer reviewed.

Or God forbid use AI to write the directions if they can't hire people qualified people.

Not to sound grumpy this morning, in reality the box is more funny than anything. But I'm still returning it on principle.

As a side note, I also bought some socks on Amazon and was nicely surprised to see they were made in Vermont. I had no idea you could still buy socks made in the USA.

redhawker

Buckeye
At least your instructions had words to them. I just bought one of those folding workbench/vise things called a "workmate" and the instructions for the assembly were all pictures. And not photographs or even good drawings, just vague drawings of things that looked like they might be in the parts bag. Ended up finding a YouTube video to figure out how to assemble it. It actually wasn't that hard but the instructions that came with it were so poor I couldn't tell what part was what on them.

I bought some shoe polish on Amazon. But I'm returning the package because the directions for use are so poorly written.

As Blume has said here before, "I'm just being contrary." 😀

I know how to use shoe polish.

But I do question the quality of the product if they can't even write the directions properly.

It says and I quote: "Before use make a small area in the dark and use it normally after using it satisfactorily."

It would have only taken 30 seconds to have that sentence peer reviewed.

Or God forbid use AI to write the directions if they can't hire people qualified people.

Not to sound grumpy this morning, in reality the box is more funny than anything. But I'm still returning it on principle.

As a side note, I also bought some socks on Amazon and was nicely surprised to see they were made in Vermont. I had no idea you could still buy socks made in the USA.
Where was it made. China I'll bet!

Where was it made. China I'll bet!
I bet it was. I couldn't tell. My first reaction was to return the product and I didn't want to open up the package.

But even if it was, can't they use AI to get a proper sentence? Or spend 15 minutes to email someone who could tell them?

It just doesn't make sense. But i can't figure out why people won't do the best job possible. And that's a topic for another thread I suppose.

Cholo

Staff member
I don't think I've ever read directions that bad LOL

A lot of people get Chinese characters tattooed on their body only to discover a Chinese person says it actually means--I eat puppies. I wonder if the person doing the tattooing knew it was wrong :unsure:

Ride1949

Hunter
I don't think I've ever read the instructions on a can of shoe polish. Anything my Marine DI father didn't teach me, I learned in boot camp. How do you say "spit on it" in Chingrish?

gnappi

Blackhawk
I don't think I've ever read directions that bad LOL

A lot of people get Chinese characters tattooed on their body only to discover a Chinese person says it actually means--I eat puppies. I wonder if the person doing the tattooing knew it was wrong :unsure:

>>SNIP<<

Funny you should say that... years ago a friend's son came into the room sporting a large Japanese kanji symbol on his arm and I asked him if he knew what it meant and he said "POWER" and I said really? He knew my Job took me to Japan and other Asian countries and suspected I knew something about the tat he did not know. So he asked if I knew what it meant and I said yup, it means power.

Being a college freshman he started to freak out thinking I knew another meaning and he was almost in tears worrying what it REALLY said, his mom started giving ma a hard time to tell him what it meant and I said I did not know. Everyone in the room was now badgering me to tell the poor kid what it meant and I said "I REALLY DO NOT KNOW" but nobody believed me and when we left everyone was mad at ME!

The next day his mom took him to Japanese restaurants and asked them to translate it and it was something like "Strong" and they were relieved that I was just being a PITA hinting it was not power. :)

I kinda wish it had said "dork who can't read Kanji" :)

A buddy explained to me the actual translator of the instructions for the wireless fireworks controller I bought last year was done by Google.....
How hard would it be to just pull some obvious American Tourist aside and trade them a beer or such to review simple directions?
But then I have a problem trying to give directions to a customer on how to light the pilot light on their gas logs....

Dan in MI

Staff member
If you have been to Asia, you know.. if not there's:

PS, Engrish is one of the oldest websites I know of.

That is a fact!

On one of my trips to China I was watching a "learn English" class on tv. Compared to the tv class your directions are perfect English. You couldn't get better comedy anywhere on Earth.

This one struck me as funny.

SANFU.jpg

As did this one.

DSCN3146.JPG

Last edited: